Koch + Me

Guest wsc425

Nice wsc....where is that, a videogame store? All you others, you make it sound like the guy is the 2nd coming of Jamie Navarro. His numbers are NOT THAT bad. Yeah, he has struggled, but come on!

If you'd like to see someone pose with a real bald icon instead of Billy Botch, check this out...

TNovw2.jpg

If you'd like to see someone pose with a real bald icon instead of Billy Botch, check this out...

TNovw2.jpg

:o I'm left speechless after that....that was a joke right, abozichu?

Yes, but it was a good one if it left you speechless and well worth my time...

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Being the teams Ace, and starting the season 2-10 is awful, but Buehrle turned it around...who's to say Koch won't either?

The difference is that we needed Buehrle to turn it around because we had nowhere else to turn. On the other hand, if Flash pitches well and we are playing well, there's no reason to throw Koch back in there and let him blow a few more games...

The difference acutally is that Buehrle got the opportunity to straighten it out, Koch apparently may not. I'm sorry, but starting 2-10, and having blown 4 saves out of the first 15 is NO WHERE CLOSE in terms of a letdown.

The difference acutally is that Buehrle got the opportunity to straighten it out, Koch apparently may not. I'm sorry, but starting 2-10, and having blown 4 saves out of the first 15 is NO WHERE CLOSE in terms of a letdown.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Buehrle had the 2nd worst run support in the AL during that span and it was agreed that he'd pitched well enough to be near .500. It wasn't his fault that he wasn't allowed to give up a run or face the prospect of losing a game. I think most people would agree that Billy Koch has cost this team a lot more this season than Buehrle...

Here's my new saying...

Don't blame Buehrle, Blame Billy Botch!

:headbang :headbang :headbang

How many of these games did run support matter in?

Jun 11 SFO L 4-11 L 4.1 6 8 8 2 3 4   2 10 0 0 90.1 5.18 .292   
Jun 6 @ LOS L 1-2 L 6.0 4 2 2 1 0 6   2 9 0 0 86.0 4.60 .291   
Jun 1 @ CLE L 4-5 - 6.1 6 1 1 0 2 4   2 8 0 0 80.0 4.72 .297   
Date Opponent Score Dec IP H R ER HR BB K   W L SV BS IP ERA BAA   
May 26 @ TOR L 5-11 L 6.0 5 6 2 0 2 1   2 8 0 0 73.2 5.01 .300   
May 21 TOR W 6-5 - 6.0 10 5 5 0 4 4   2 7 0 0 67.2 5.19 .306   
May 16 @ MIN L 3-18 L 3.1 10 10 9 1 2 0   2 7 0 0 61.2 4.96 .299   
May 11 @ SEA L 2-7 L 5.0 9 5 4 2 6 3   2 6 0 0 58.1 3.86 .280   
May 6 @ OAK L 0-6 L 7.1 7 6 2 1 2 2   2 5 0 0 53.1 3.54 .267   
Date Opponent Score Dec IP H R ER HR BB K   W L SV BS IP ERA BAA   
Apr 30 OAK L 1-4 L 6.0 9 4 4 1 1 2   2 4 0 0 46.0 3.72 .272   
Apr 25 MIN L 1-6 L 7.0 5 3 3 0 2 4   2 3 0 0 40.0 3.38 .257   
Apr 20 CLE L 4-7 L 4.1 11 7 7 3 2 2   2 2 0 0 33.0 3.27 .264  

Koch's pitching resulted in 6 DIRECT losses where the score was either tied, or we were ahead when he came in. Buehrle's count is 9, where he gave up 4 or more runs in a game that was lost by the Sox. I'm not saying anything bad about Buehrle, but I think that when Gordon falters, and he will, Koch should be given his job back. Foulke struggled early last year, JM took the job from him, and FOulke was the best bullpen pitcher in the second half last year. Do we ever learn from our mistakes?

Foulke struggled early last year, JM took the job from him, and FOulke was the best bullpen pitcher in the second half last year. Do we ever learn from our mistakes?

Koch ain't Foulke. Woe be the day in the second half of '03, especially if we are in serious contention for the AL Central, that Sox fans will have to depend on Billy Botch to close games with a 1-run lead. If it comes down to that, we're screwed. Even when Botch was "on" his game, he'd be lucky if he pitched 1-2-3 in an inning 1/3rd of the time.

I'll have confidence in him, cause I know that if all is right with his arm(which is another issue completely), he can get the job done. I always find it interesting how so many people could b**** about Foulke the way he started 2002, then love him when he is traded away from the team.

I don't really understand why we need to give Koch a chance to earn he closer sport back when Gordon has been flawless in that role so far, since being appointed closer.

I said that when Gordon falters, and he will, that Koch should be given his job back.

I'll have confidence in him, cause I know that if all is right with his arm(which is another issue completely), he can get the job done. I always find it interesting how so many people could b**** about Foulke the way he started 2002, then love him when he is traded away from the team.

I never b****ed about Foulke, I'm a fan of his and always will be....

I said that when Gordon falters, and he will, that Koch should be given his job back.

If Koch can't get his velocity back up, why should he be rewarded the closer role. Until he proves that he can be effective in getting outs again, I believe Marte is a little higher on the depth chart than Koch.

I always find it interesting how so many people could b**** about Foulke the way he started 2002, then love him when he is traded away from the team.

Just for the record, I was against the Botch/Foulke deal from the day it happened and many on this board will back me up when I say that I was advocating JM give KF his closing job back in the second half of '02 when his ERA was a miniscule 1. But KW had other plans for KF obviously. Like trading his All-Star ass to Oakland for a guy with half the saves.