White Sox @ Tigers 7:05 PM CDT

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
i thought so as well....oh well if he keeps getting away with it why stop using it?

Yep, if you can get away with it 50 pct of the time, why not keep doing it? It's a much higher percentage than if we try to throw them out stealing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
After CQ grounds out, we get to have fun and watch the heart of the order

I was doing the math a bit yesterday. Since he got past that first 30 at bats or so, Beckhams had about 125 AB's. In that time he's put up a nearly .900 OPS, but in terms of his long term development, he's put up 4 home runs and 12 doubles. The leaders in the league have about 32 doubles right now and have 375ish at bats. Do a simple linear projection, and that would be 12 home runs and 36 doubles for Beckham at this stage and at that same number of at bats. I know it never holds like that, but the point is; at his current rate of doubles he'd be leading the league. That suggests to me there's a lot of room for growth of some serious power if a few more of those doubles start leaving ballparks when he's no longer a 23 year old.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:06 AM)
I was doing the math a bit yesterday. Since he got past that first 30 at bats or so, Beckhams had about 125 AB's. In that time he's put up a nearly .900 OPS, but in terms of his long term development, he's put up 4 home runs and 12 doubles. The leaders in the league have about 32 doubles right now and have 375ish at bats. Do a simple linear projection, and that would be 12 home runs and 36 doubles for Beckham at this stage and at that same number of at bats. I know it never holds like that, but the point is; at his current rate of doubles he'd be leading the league. That suggests to me there's a lot of room for growth of some serious power if a few more of those doubles start leaving ballparks when he's no longer a 23 year old.

Good stuff...I made a mention in chat that his line drives are starting to go a lot farther.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)

honestly i think hes going to be every bit as good as chase utley if not a tick better.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
honestly i think hes going to be every bit as good as chase utley if not a tick better.

That's exactly who I think about when I think about moving him to 2nd. 30 HR power and near the top of the league in doubles from 2b. Hell, maybe even a chance to move at a batting title if this is the type of bat control he has.