White Sox vs. Twins pitching match-ups

caulfield12

Monday

John Danks versus Glen Perkins.

The tale of two talented lefties coming off injury problems, Danks with the blister/circulatory issue and Perkins with more troubling shoulder tendinitis and a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum. We all know about John's problems pitching in the Metrodome.

Tuesday

Buehrle versus Baker

Baker beat the White Sox his last start against us, but he's got a career 6.88 ERA against the Sox. Coming off perfect game, what will happen?

Wednesday

Bartolo Colon versus Liriano

Liriano 0-3 with an 8.00 ERA career against the White Sox, 4-10 with a 5.56 ERA on the season and struggling mightily. If the White Sox were to lose the first two, we should definitely go with Contreras in this game. I can't believe Colon is in the rotation over Torres and Richard...or maybe we will start Richard SAT at home agains the Yankees?

Thankfully, we don't see Blackburn. Swarzak has taken the place of Slowey.

Edited by caulfield12

Sox need to play this like the Rays' series. Exciting give it all baseball.

Enough of this sloppy crap in the Metrodome. The Twins aren't that good. Can we win Game One and take some of the heat off immediately?

The goal versus Perkins and Lirano is to take pitches, they tend to pitch around the zone, and are effective only when they can make a hitter chase. Baker is a bit different, he doesn't throw many bad pitches, the idea is to take pitches the 1st go around, and get a fair assessment of his tendencies. He's very much a pitcher who relies on varying sequences and location.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:25 AM)
The goal versus Perkins and Lirano is to take pitches, they tend to pitch around the zone, and are effective only when they can make a hitter chase. Baker is a bit different, he doesn't throw many bad pitches, the idea is to take pitches the 1st go around, and get a fair assessment of his tendencies. He's very much a pitcher who relies on varying sequences and location.

I don't want to be the "bad luck guy" since the last time I speculated on the near future Buehrle got lit the f*** up, but it seems like we've got Liriano figured out for now.

Floyd on Friday

either Richard or Danks on Saturday (Danks on normal rest, Richard on five days)

either Richard, Danks or Buerhle on Sunday (you'd have to think Danks' start Monday would determine what direction they go in, although they could push back Mark, you'd have to think he would go on normal rest Sunday, and he obviously loves to pitch in the big, showcase type games against teams like the Yankees and Red Sox)

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:18 AM)
Maybe a bit off-topic, but who is then scheduled to pitch Thursday? Going to the game for my 21st birthday.. anyone else gonna be there?

I believe the rotation for the Yankees will be Contreras, Floyd, Danks and then Buehrle. If my rotation math is correct.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Monday

John Danks versus Glen Perkins.

The tale of two talented lefties coming off injury problems, Danks with the blister/circulatory issue and Perkins with more troubling shoulder tendinitis and a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum. We all know about John's problems pitching in the Metrodome.

Tuesday

Buehrle versus Baker

Baker beat the White Sox his last start against us, but he's got a career 6.88 ERA against the Sox. Coming off perfect game, what will happen?

Wednesday

Bartolo Colon versus Liriano

Liriano 0-3 with an 8.00 ERA career against the White Sox, 4-10 with a 5.56 ERA on the season and struggling mightily. If the White Sox were to lose the first two, we should definitely go with Contreras in this game. I can't believe Colon is in the rotation over Torres and Richard...or maybe we will start Richard SAT at home agains the Yankees?

Thankfully, we don't see Blackburn. Swarzak has taken the place of Slowey.

I think we'll win the first two and win the last one...or, at least I hope. Actually, I hope for a sweep. Get it done. Tigers going to Texas...so they'll have their hands full.