White Sox @ Twins, 7:10

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
Honestly one of your worst posts ever. Don't let the game get to you.

1. Rookie dp combo

2. Your "stats" are from nowhere

3. Although they've messed up some routine plays, they've saved us with some spectacular ones.

I've been saying how bad the Alexei/Getz DP combo is all year. Getz doesn't throw hard enough to turn it, and Alexei seems tentative with his tosses to 2nd and he can't get anything on the throw to first. I don't care if it's a rookie DP combo, that doesn't mean it's not killing us this season.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
There is no greater disdain for me in all of sports than the Minnesota Twins. There are things I can't say on this board that go through my head regarding that team and their "stadium." Horrible, unspeakable things.

I hate the hard-on people have for their “fundamentals”.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
Haha, just like with me and the Cubs.

I don't even give 2 s***s about the Cubs anymore. They mean nothing to me. Since we won the WS, I haven't paid attention to them at all unless we're playing them. The Twins, they're in our division, we play them 19 times, and we have a horrible attitude. That franchise has taken years off of my life. I'm tired of it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
That's horrible. Why even watch? Why even give a s***? We take the lead in a pretty pivotal division game against a rival and it's something you yawn at? What's the point?

I love the Sox as much as anyone here but I would rank the following in roughly the order I like doing them:

1. Having my testicles ripped off while wide awake

2. Being hit by a fast-moving bus

3. Falling into a wood chipper

4. Watching the Sox play the Twins at the Metrodome

5. Tabasco enema

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
I'd rather watch Alfonso Soriano field a flyball than Carlos Gomez. Jesus f***ing Christ, who the hell are you trying to impress?

Honestly - who is a better player, right now? Carlos Gomez or DeWayne Wise? And by how much?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
I love the Sox as much as anyone here but I would rank the following in roughly the order I like doing them:

1. Having my testicles ripped off while wide awake

2. Being hit by a fast-moving bus

3. Falling into a wood chipper

4. Watching the Sox play the Twins at the Metrodome

5. Tabasco enema

How about being lit afire while wide awake? I'd put that as 4B.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 08:08 PM)
Honestly - who is a better player, right now? Carlos Gomez or DeWayne Wise? And by how much?

Gomez. Not by a ton, but by a decent margin. Faster, better arm, more range, better bunter, slightly better hitter, probably more power.

QUOTE (nastymasty21 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:12 AM)
Considering our only good reliever is not available, we better have a 5 run lead going into the 9th to win this game

The obviously don't teach loyalty to your employer at Grand Valley State...what a lame school!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
Gomez. Not by a ton, but by a decent margin. Faster, better arm, more range, better bunter, slightly better hitter, probably more power.

The point of that was to highlight how much of a piece of s*** baseball player Carlos Gomez is. I love pointing out how much he sucks.