Do We Really Need

LDF

I for one am all for letting the team play the way it is. Last time we went and got 2 players, we were riding an emotional high, then we got new additions, and tanked the next week. We have the talent now, question is can JM put them where they need to be.

If we make another trade for Ponson I say we give up 2 f***ing stiff minor leaguers that nobody cares about and give them money.

I'm sick of making "real" trades that involve "real" prospects.

Absolutely. All Ponson is is an expensive version of our number 3..... possibly 4. No reason to over pay (KW is the GM) for an average to very slightly above average pitcher who will probably turn out to be the equivalent of Tim Belcher in '93. If we trade for Ponson, I'm talking 2 or 3 A level guys even we have never even heard of.

If we make another trade for Ponson I say we give up 2 f***ing stiff minor leaguers that nobody cares about and give them money.

Absolutely. All Ponson is is an expensive version of our number 3..... possibly 4. No reason to over pay (KW is the GM) for an average to very slightly above average pitcher who will probably turn out to be the equivalent of Tim Belcher in '93. If we trade for Ponson, I'm talking 2 or 3 A level guys even we have never even heard of.

so the bottom line is that people thinks we need another pitcher, right

With no defined number 5 right now? It wouldn't hurt. But you don't need a number 5 if you make the playoffs. Hopefully, Porzio can give us 5 or 6 good innings through most of his outings so we don't have to overpay for a SP. Remember, Porzio has only started two games..... both against Cleveland. It will be interesting to see how he does against Tampa.

With no defined number 5 right now? It wouldn't hurt. But you don't need a number 5 if you make the playoffs. Hopefully, Porzio can give us 5 or 6 good innings through most of his outings so we don't have to overpay for a SP. Remember, Porzio has only started two games..... both against Cleveland. It will be interesting to see how he does against Tampa.

great point on a 5 pitcher, but i think personally our need is in the rp.

Ponson is an ace on some teams, a #2 on others. He'd be the #4 of this staff, but the rotation the Sox would have would be absolutely awesome.

In a dream scenario Ponson, GIles and Kendal would be coming over.

Then in the offseason you try to move Kendall and let Colon walk. Ponson replaces Colon, Olivo back into the starting lineup. Get Kendall for 4-5 mill a year (Pirates paying the rest; they still save 20 mill over the long haul). I think Kendall is marketable at 4-5 mill a year.

Ponson is an ace on some teams, a #2 on others.  He'd be the #4 of this staff, but the rotation the Sox would have would be absolutely awesome.

In a dream scenario Ponson, GIles and Kendal would be coming over.

Then in the offseason you try to move Kendall and let Colon walk.  Ponson replaces Colon, Olivo back into the starting lineup.  Get Kendall for 4-5 mill a year (Pirates paying the rest; they still save 20 mill over the long haul).  I think Kendall is marketable at 4-5 mill a year.

interesting point and yeah it might work.

btw lets have a games back post in the top of the msg board.

Ponson..... Giles..... Kendall. What? No Klesko? :lolhitting

BTW..... if JR gave KW the greenlight and Pittsburgh accepted the players you named to be traded for Giles/Kendall and if we could get Ponson for cheap..... very cheap.....

I'LL NEVER BADMOUTH JR AGAIN!

I'll save my wrath for KW :lol:

Ponson..... Giles..... Kendall. What? No Klesko?  :lolhitting

BTW..... if JR gave KW the greenlight and Pittsburgh accepted the players you named to be traded for Giles/Kendall and if we could get Ponson for cheap..... very cheap.....

I'll save my wrath for KW  :lol:

or how bout kw? :D

:lol:

And I'd buy ya a beer at the Series (Using your ID) :cheers

Cause I'll definately be flying out to Chitown if they make it and if they made these deals, they better make the series :headbang

or how bout kw? :D

KW don't make any deals without JR's approval. If JR gave KW a blank check, we'd be the Mets :lolhitting

I believe Kendall is owed about $40 mil over the next four years. They'd probably give as Giles and Kendall for a bag of batting practice balls. No way we will take on Jason Kendall's contract. We wouldn't be able to move him later.

I believe Kendall is owed about $40 mil over the next four years. They'd probably give as Giles and Kendall for a bag of batting practice balls.  No way we will take on Jason Kendall's contract.  We wouldn't be able to move him later.

The Pirates made some financially disastrous moves under GM Cam Bonifay (he now works for the Devil Rays). They overpaid for Kendall and that might make him hard to move.