Brian Anderson traded to Red Sox for Mark Kotsay

Jimmywins1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Just curious, but how is Kotsay a better deal than Brian? Is he better at D? He doesn't seem any better at the plate...and he's older...and BA was a first round pick.

He is better at the plate, he has lost a step defensively but can play both corner OF spots and 1B. If Fields goes back to AAA he shouldnt need to an option as he has already used one this season I think. It gives the Sox a solid LH bat off the bench that they have been lacking.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
He is better at the plate, he has lost a step defensively but can play both corner OF spots and 1B. If Fields goes back to AAA he shouldnt need to an option as he has already used one this season I think. It gives the Sox a solid LH bat off the bench that they have been lacking.

thanks

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Just curious, but how is Kotsay a better deal than Brian? Is he better at D? He doesn't seem any better at the plate...and he's older...and BA was a first round pick.

Kotsay is a FA and will not be using up a roster spot next year. That's a big part of it.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Kotsay probably will take Fields' spot on the roster. I expect Fields to be traded -- hopefully for an outfielder who will take Wise's spot...

Dan Bernstein on the Score just brought this up. In most transactions, in the official press release, they say "so-and-so will be demoted to AAA", or "so-and-so has been designated for assignment". NOTHING in the press release. Very interesting.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)

But we already have DeWayne Wise on the bench???

I dont have time to read the thread, but are most people saying "crap for crap" on this one?

I for one think it's a good trade. You get a versatile guy who can do more with the bat in situations, and can come off the bench cold and PH.

Even now that he's slowing down, he still has some ability w/ the bat.

Kotsay isn’t the same player that he was two or three years ago. He’s a corner-guy with a line drive swing. He can go the other way, so that’s a plus. I don’t, however, think him a worthy return, but KW had obviously made up his mind on BA. I’ll miss BA. I hope he makes something of himself down the line. I almost want to regret giving him up in the near future.

Every guy in the New England area should fear his gf going out on a ladies night from here on out...

BA is roaming the streets and is always looking for something to naw on! While maybe not much of a threat on paper, or in person for that matter, do not take party-time BA for granted, he is one resiliant creature of the night.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Brian Anderson is now going to go on and hit a few hundred homers for the Red Sox. Fenway Park can make mediocre hitters great.

His swing still needs a major overhaul, like it's had a couple times coming in to ST. I wonder if he'll listen to any other coaching staff more than ours.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
It would have happened years ago if anyone else really wanted Brian Anderson.

Hey long time no talk, Just had to come out of the closet on this one. So glad to see Anderson Gone. Its funny he really can't do anything right. He demands a trade, and its like KW seeks a team that he knows Anderson cannot play everyday for which is perfect for the whining b****. He gets sent down to triple A which he complained about here. I am sure he will get called up in september, but no way he plays everyday for that team. Too bad he couldn't get sent to san diego where his cute little bond frolics can flow in the breeze. Good ridance, never have to see him dive across the plate and try to hit a slider again.

Ok back into hiding, talk to you again next year.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Hey long time no talk, Just had to come out of the closet on this one. So glad to see Anderson Gone. Its funny he really can't do anything right. He demands a trade, and its like KW seeks a team that he knows Anderson cannot play everyday for which is perfect for the whining b****. He gets sent down to triple A which he complained about here. I am sure he will get called up in september, but no way he plays everyday for that team. Too bad he couldn't get sent to san diego where his cute little bond frolics can flow in the breeze. Good ridance, never have to see him dive across the plate and try to hit a slider again.

Ok back into hiding, talk to you again next year.

Yeah what a s***ty fielder he was

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
Good luck to BA........Guillen and KW hated him but they love Wise. If this train of thinking between the OG and KW continue I will start having different conclusions of what their true problems are! :gosoxretro:

That's just not true. Kenny was BA's biggest fan, and the only reason he stuck around as long as he did.

I am actually surprised that Kenny could actually move him...