Latest Roster Moves. . .

GreatScott82

Richard to pen. Fields to be sent down or traded. Kotsay will be in Minny with the team on wednesday.

per Cowley.

Colon to Rotation; Richard to Pen; Fields to AAA

By Jason Gage

SoxNet

Joe Cowley is reporting that the White Sox will make room for newly acquired 1B/OF Mark Kotsay on the 25 man roster by sending 1B/3B Josh Fields to AAA Charlotte. The move won't be made official until Wednesday, which is when...More at the Link

Edited by Chisoxfn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you gotta be kidding me richard to the pen? What kind of message does this send to the kid, He pitches his heart out the last 2 starts with his back against the wall. Only to be rewarded by being sent to the pen. Unbelievable!

I'm sure he is smart enough to see that the pen is desperate for lefties, especially with Thornton expecting his kid.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
I'm sure he is smart enough to see that the pen is desperate for lefties, especially with Thornton expecting his kid.

That is what I think he meant. If it is late and they need an out vs. Mauer or Morneau, Richard would be available.

Dwayne Wise is the 2009 version of Andy Gonzalez from 2007...a garbage player who somehow manages to make it on the roster all year batting less than .200. At least...that's what I think his name was...he was so awful I tried to block that memory from my mind....

Mark Gonzales

MDGonzales Williams said he spoke to Josh Fields and his agent about Fields' future. Sounds like Fields could be next to go

Mark Gonzales

MDGonzales Sox GM Williams said he was on the phone from 8:30 a.m. till 30 minutes ago, says some dialogue is more like Sr. Prom than 8th grade dance

I think we are trading Fields in the next 24 hours.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
Dwayne Wise is the 2009 version of Andy Gonzalez from 2007...a garbage player who somehow manages to make it on the roster all year batting less than .200. At least...that's what I think his name was...he was so awful I tried to block that memory from my mind....

There seems to be at least one player a year that fits that description, actually. Timo Perez is an example from 2005.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
Wow, Richard puts up two great starts against divisional foes and gets replaced by Colon. I don't like it one bit.

I don't think we'll see Richard in the pen on August 1st. Either he'll be traded or Colon will be replaced with a veteran lefty via trade (Rhodes, Beimel, etc).

Wow, Richard puts up two great starts against divisional foes and gets replaced by Colon. I don't like it one bit.

Normally I would be totally against this move, but we desperately need a lefty in the pen. Thornton will probably be missing for a couple games pretty soon. The problem is, I am sure they will keep Clayton "The Mask" Richard in the pen even after Thornton's wife has his kid.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
I'm not assuming that the rumored roster moves are true yet...

This is Cowley we're talking about here.

Both Cowley and Gonzales confirmed Richard going to the bullpen.

That HAD to be done because we didn't have a lefty in the pen with Thornton out.

Kotsay coming Wednesday.

It really comes down to what they are gonna do with Fields it seems like.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Normally I would be totally against this move, but we desperately need a lefty in the pen. Thornton will probably be missing for a couple games pretty soon. The problem is, I am sure they will keep Clayton "The Mask" Richard in the pen even after Thornton's wife has his kid.

?

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
all right these moves scream 2nd place!!!!!

I believe this is the opposite of a youth movement. At least hopefully Richard's arm will get a few weeks to recover from the long outings he's had recently.