Latest Roster Moves. . .

GreatScott82

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Nah, I mean do you think he doesn’t have the work ethic or just doesn’t have any goals to reach?

No work ethic. No will to get better after the team gives up on you for a rookie(rightly so). I do believe he can be a good player, I just don't see it happening with the Sox now...especially if he's going back down to the minors.

You know what's depressing when you put it in perspective? In the course of a single day, we exiled two former 1st rounds picks off the roster, so we could keep a 30-year old journeyman OF with all the future-potential of a blind-mans' basketball career after suffering a broken wrist. .

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
There seems to be at least one player a year that fits that description, actually. Timo Perez is an example from 2005.

At least we know we can win a World Series with that type of player on the team lol.

Sad to see Fields demoted. He has shown more than Anderson so there's a lot more hope there. I'll be mildly surprised if he isn't traded before the deadline though. He may never see AAA.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 06:19 AM)
You know what's depressing when you put it in perspective? In the course of a single day, we exiled two former 1st rounds picks off the roster, so we could keep a 30-year old journeyman OF with all the future-potential of a blind-mans' basketball career after suffering a broken wrist. .

I hear you