White Sox Catch-All Snippet Thread

SoxFan1

For minor snippets...

Mike Gonzales' Twitter: MDGonzalesSox GM Williams said he was on the phone from 8:30 a.m. till 30 minutes ago, says some dialogue is more like Sr. Prom than 8th grade dance

Cowley: cst_sox Fields could be the odd-man out after the game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
My prediction is we're going to see Fields and a big prospect like Hudson sent to Baltimore for Sherrill, and it wouldn't surprise me if KW expands the deal to include someone like Scott or Huff.

thats a decent prediction. . i know baltamore has been interested in Fields in the past. . .

My prediction is we're going to see Fields and a big prospect like Hudson sent to Baltimore for Sherrill, and it wouldn't surprise me if KW expands the deal to include someone like Scott or Huff.

I'd be down for this.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
Not even for a stud who would be a free agent after 2010?

Frankly no. It'd be similar to trading McCarthy mid-2004. The only thing that is going to stop Hudson's value from going up over the next year is injury.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
thats a decent prediction. . i know baltamore has been interested in Fields in the past. . .

Felix Pie!!!!

That'll be something for the Dewayne Wise haters.

I would like that deal, but where would Scott or Huff play...?

Edited by chw42

I would have no problem with a Fields for Pie with Wise getting DFA'ed trade. It'd be a failed prospect for failed prospect, but Pie is younger and worst case scenario is that he is a decent bench player (a better version of Wise).

However, I'd prefer to get Josh Anderson if the Tigers can't find a trade partner, and then DFA Wise.

Then, I'd let Fields go to AAA and hope he rakes to raise his trade value.

I really like Scott, but unfortunately he can't play defense and his value is at an all-time high.

As earlier stated though, a Fields and Poreda for Sherrill is very interesting.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
Felix Pie f***ing sucks. He's Brian Anderson without any options.

And a s***-load of speed. Pie has so many tools that it’s worth taking a shot at him just to see if he works himself out. Especially, if Dewayne Wise is your only other option.

usually I'm down for trading prospects, but this season I really hope KW just sits back. I mean in this division they'll still muddle around and contend. There's no reason to mortgage this teams future, especially with Danks, Floyd and MB signed or under control for a few seasons

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:32 AM)
George Sherrill is going to cost more than anyone wants to spend on these boards.

The Dodgers are rumored to be offering Elbert and Blake Dewitt.

That's not too far off from Poreda and Fields though