White Sox Catch-All Snippet Thread

SoxFan1

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Heath Bell would be a huge upgrade. The bullpen has really struggled lately, plus he would step in for Jenks next year, as I cannot see the Sox paying Bobby the money he would command next year and going forward.

I don't know Bell, I'd have to take a look into his numbers, but certainly if he is good, cheap and can take over as closer in the future, I'm open to the idea. But a guy like that will cost a lot in trade. And this can be said of pretty much any player on the field - I am always open to a true, cheap upgrade. I just don't see the pen as a true team need.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Any truth to the rumor that the Sox are interested in Danny Haren?

Its been discussed here a lot, and AZ says they aren't trading Haren. He'd cost a pretty penny even if they were open to it. That all doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, but it seems highly unlikely.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
Really...? Weird.

Echooo....ooo...ooo...

Very nice find, except we don't need Bell, the Tigers needed another SP. IF WE NEEDED to add Bell, then I would want him on the team EVEN WITH the possibility that he would slump (same scenario as Washburn).

But I don't want to add Bell, because we don't need him (well, at least for the price they would be asking), irrespective of his potential to or not to go into a slump (or on a mission as a monk;)

Edited by kwolf68