Solution the Kyle Mcculloch

son of a rude

As a solution (and punishment) to the nightmare of a first round pick that is Kyle Mcchulloch, I say we chop off two of his fingers and make him into a modern day Mordecai Brown. This could add unusual amounts of spin and movement to his pitches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordecai_Brown

Mr. Burns: I've decided to bring in a few ringers, professional baseballers. We'll give them token jobs at the plant and have them play on our softball team. Honus Wagner, Cap Anson, Mordecai "Three-Finger" Brown...

Smithers: Uh, sir?

Mr. Burns: What is it, Smithers?

Smithers: I'm afraid all of those players have retired and, uh... passed on. In fact, your right-fielder has been dead for a hundred and thirty years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
You know, now that I think about it, I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more pitchers who have wierd hand/finger anomalies. Or at least that we don't hear about it more often.

Nobody knows how to teach someone with a missing finger. You'd have to teach yourself how to use it to your advantage.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
You know, now that I think about it, I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more pitchers who have wierd hand/finger anomalies. Or at least that we don't hear about it more often.

The only one I can think of is Bob Wickman and how his middle finger (is it the middle finger) is missing the tip.

Then you got Jim Abbott, but I don't think his missing hand helped him as a pitcher outside of perhaps as being a motivational tool he used.