Do we dare dream?

greg775

Well, it's happening again.

We're playing well.

Our 2 new guys appear to be now fitting in pretty well (Alomar's defense is great and Everett has been playing team ball and been very aggressive at the plate), we are hitting home runs pretty consistently and as usual our starting pitching has been good.

And oh yes, Frank is hitting the crud out of the ball and resembling a star again. Ditto Maggs.

We've crept back to .500 and are again within striking distance of a first-place team (Royals) that could go in the tank at any time.

The question is ... do we dare believe we have our act together and aside from the problem with Koch we are going to contend and maybe win the division? Or are we the same team that will soon lose 5 of 6 and dip down again with Minn. continuing to win and win the division?

What is the verdict?

I dare not guess.

I liked what I saw in watching today's game but this team has fooled me before on the negative side of the ledger.

Are we gonna win the division or not?

Are we a good team or not?

What is the verdict?

I dare not guess.

We've been in this position 3 or 4 times this season just to see our hopes, each of those times, be devastatingly dashed. When we are in first place..... IN SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE..... I'll dream. Not until then. I've learned my lesson.

Well, I'm not getting my hopes up, because like all of you pointed out, it's happened too many times this year with this team. If the first 100 games are any indication, we're gonna lose both Toronto games and 2 out of 3 against Tampa Bay. That would put us back around 8 games back, and pretty much end our hopes. But, hopefully their bats will stay hot, and if they do, we're gonna be mighty competitive.

That said, I'm not gonna get my hopes up unless we take 4 of our next 5 games. That would be a good sign.

When we are in first place..... IN SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE..... I'll dream. Not until then. I've learned my lesson.

In the immortal words of Bono ( or maybe it was some comedian imitating Bono )....

"DON'T STOP DREAMING!!!!!"

As for me, I'm just going to enjoy the way the Sox are playing right now. Hopefully the Royals ( AND the Twins...I don't think they're dead yet either ) will fall into a rut and the Sox can overtake first place. But even if they don't, as long as they're playing well I'm going to just watch and enjoy. No point in getting an ulcer over this s***... :D

Teams don't make the playoffs despite things. The Sox won't make the playoffs unless everything is clicking. That includes pitching, hitting, fielding, and yes Koch. We will need him to step up along with the rest of the team to make the playoffs. I won't get my hopes up until I see the whole team get going for a good stretch. With that said I feel much, much better about this team in the postseason after this winning streak.