Colon to the DL - per the Score

Jimbo's Drinker

Mark Gonzales is reporting it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox have a new pitcher on there team in the next 24 hours.

If it is a BP guy... it needs to be a lefty to allow Clayton back to the rotation.

*I hope we don't pay the price being asked for Sherrill.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
Colon pitches one start and has a sore elbow. DFA his ass now. Put Richard back in the rotation.

Richard should have never been removed from the rotation. UNLIKE Colon, Richard at least can be depended on to take his start every 5th day and his last two starts have been GEMS; you simply do NOT remove pitchers on that kind of roll. Yea, if Richard starts to scuffle a bit and he needs to take to the pen to clear his head fine, but not after pitching 2 masterful games. Ozzie was a ball player, doesn't he KNOW THIS crap? To ride the hot hand while it's hot?

Love you Ozzie, but you're drunk.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:10 PM)
Richard >>>>> Colon. The reasoning for Colon getting the initial start over Richard in the first place boggles the f***ing mind. WHAT IS OZZIE SMOKING? WHY IS WISE STILL ON THIS TEAM? I'm beginning to believe some of the racism crap we've seen floating around about Ozzie.

Eh....I think almost half the team is White.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:10 AM)
Richard >>>>> Colon. The reasoning for Colon getting the initial start over Richard in the first place boggles the f***ing mind. WHAT IS OZZIE SMOKING? WHY IS WISE STILL ON THIS TEAM? I'm beginning to believe some of the racism crap we've seen floating around about Ozzie.

I don't think there's any doubt that Ozzie struggles developing a rapport with the young white players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 12:16 AM)
I don't think there's any doubt that Ozzie struggles developing a rapport with the young white players.

It's sad that you can make a case for this. BA, Fields, Poreda, Beckham, and McCarthy, maybe even, Clayton Richard can all attest to this. That being said he seems to have a good relationship with Danksy and Floyd.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
It's sad that you can make a case for this. BA, Fields, Poreda, Beckham, and McCarthy, maybe even, Clayton Richard can all attest to this. That being said he seems to have a good relationship with Danksy and Floyd.

He would really have no leg to stand on if he messed with Danks' and Floyd's spots in the rotation... Their spots are completely untouchable by the current pitching staff.

Aside from that, our young white players are consistently held to different standards than their non-caucasian counterparts. There is ZERO reason Colon should start over Richards, the same way there was ZERO reason for choosing Wise over Anderson. The young white players have to play like all-stars to keep their spot, while the others are allowed to suck perpetually? Give me a break. Ozzie has serious issues with double standards.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:21 AM)

Sean Tracey...this has been going on for a while, but I think getting rid of Anderson and Fields will turn the page on this issue. It will be the last of the minor league guys from a few seasons ago that has some morale issues.

That is bulls***.

If that is really the case, why hasn't Octavio Dotel taken over for Bobby Jenks and why did both John Danks and Gavin Floyd get given jobs in 2008, dispite their horrible 2007's? Why did Paul Konerko keep his job in 2008 when he was horrible to start the season? Why did Brent Lillibridge stick as long as he did? Why does Ozzie keep sending Scott Linbrink out there? Why did Mike MacDougal make the team this year? Why did Jimmy Gobble stick around as long as he did?

and so on and so on...

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
He would really have no leg to stand on if he messed with Danks' and Floyd's spots in the rotation... Their spots are completely untouchable by the current pitching staff.

Aside from that, our young white players are consistently held to different standards than their non-caucasian counterparts. There is ZERO reason Colon should start over Richards, the same way there was ZERO reason for choosing Wise over Anderson. The young white players have to play like all-stars to keep their spot, while the others are allowed to suck perpetually? Give me a break. Ozzie has serious issues with double standards.

Give me a break.

The only reason why Richard was sent back to the bullpen was because we desperately needed another lefty in the pen.

And the reason why we demoted Anderson's worthless ass is because Wise is more valuable because he bats left-handed and his speed can help in pinch-run situations.

If you're complaining about white players not being treated like "stars", then that sounds very suspect. The way you keep harping about how white players deserve this or that is sickening.

Richard does deserve to be in the rotation, but we need him in the pen. However, now that Colon's scratched, it's not too late to just slide Richard in the roation (he started last sunday, right?) and HOPE we won't need a lefty from the bullpen whenever Thornton's not available.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)

Beckham??? What happened between Ozzie and Beckham, this is news to me.

And Poreda, he just seemed like he was overmatched when he was called up this season. I think he should work on his secondary pitches, and it's not Ozzie's fault Poreda wasn't prepared or promoted too prematurely.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 05:57 AM)
That is bulls***.

If that is really the case, why hasn't Octavio Dotel taken over for Bobby Jenks and why did both John Danks and Gavin Floyd get given jobs in 2008, dispite their horrible 2007's? Why did Paul Konerko keep his job in 2008 when he was horrible to start the season? Why did Brent Lillibridge stick as long as he did? Why does Ozzie keep sending Scott Linbrink out there? Why did Mike MacDougal make the team this year? Why did Jimmy Gobble stick around as long as he did?

and so on and so on...

I didn't know that Jenks, Linebrink, MacDougal, Konerko, and Gobble were young, white players out of the minors? I never said Ozzie is racist. There just seems to be a disconnect between him and our minor leaguers (who have just happened to be mostly white of late).

This might be the dumbest post ever. I know we're better than this as a group.

Edited by Big Daddy Kool