Josh Fields wants a trade

southsider2k5

Boy, you can almost see the teams lining up for a guy who hits 25 homers and strikes out 200 times....

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=...uD77&ref=nf

MINNEAPOLIS - To no one's surprise, including his own, Josh Fields was demoted to Class AAA Charlotte after the game, and had no problem admitting that he now wants to be traded.

"No,'' the once highly-touted prospect responded, when asked if he was upset with the decision. "I had a meeting with [general manager Ken Williams Tuesday] before the game. It was one of best meetings I

had with them. Everything has been good so far. Only hope look out for me somehow and if a team is looking for someone like me, help me out.''

Asked if that meant he wanted to be elsewhere, Fields said, "I think yeah, we had a good discussion in there. So we will see, couple of days left before deadline, hopefully something happens.''

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone get Wise drunk so he can request a trade as well. How the f*** can we get rid of both BA and Fields and Wise is still on this team. Wise is beyond OMIT status now. We are not talking pictures, we are talking video with multiple angles. It has to be the only logical reason that Wise is earning a check for someone outside of the Newark Bears.

Edited by southsideirish71

Well that's all well and good, but you'd have to find the right fit obviously.

The Reds could be a fit, as they'd probably like a change from Edwin Encarnacion, who's hittin .202/.331/.372 currently.

The Astros also, althogh Geoff Blum has actually hit decently this season.

The Marlins maybe could want an upgrade from Bonafacio at third base who's OPS is just above .600 now.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
Well that's all well and good, but you'd have to find the right fit obviously.

The Reds could be a fit, as they'd probably like a change from Edwin Encarnacion, who's hittin .202/.331/.372 currently.

The Astros also, althogh Geoff Blum has actually hit decently this season.

The Marlins maybe could want an upgrade from Bonafacio at third base who's OPS is just above .600 now.

I was gonna say that I wouldn't mind having someone like Bonifacio as a utility player on the bench, but then I remembered if you have speed, Ozzie will horribly over-use you.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
I was gonna say that I wouldn't mind having someone like Bonifacio as a utility player on the bench, but then I remembered if you have speed, Ozzie will horribly over-use you.

I'd take a decent arm from the Marlins system, as they've been pretty good at developing them.

And Fields would fit in with the Marlins financially.

Maybe he could be the next Josh Willingham for em?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:58 PM)
I wouldn't mind getting Wladamir Balentin. I don't think he's worth Fields though.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Balentin got let go. He essentially is Fields in terms of being a potentially big bat but I think you can get him for less then Fields.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 01:32 AM)
Ive said it a million times...Josh has proven over and over again he cant play at the major league level, he doesn't belong here. His defense is poor and he cant cover a major league fastball. See ya.

2007 must have been a really rough year for you.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 01:39 AM)
This can't look good to potential free agents if they hear a lot of White Sox players asking to get traded.

So... two guys who can't hit well enough to stay on the major league roster ask to be traded... and the team works to oblige them...

And you think that's going to have a negative impact on potential free agents? Highly doubtful.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 01:16 AM)
So... two guys who can't hit well enough to stay on the major league roster ask to be traded... and the team works to oblige them...

And you think that's going to have a negative impact on potential free agents? Highly doubtful.

Oh I understand your point, it's just that I worry if it might make it look like the White Sox is an unenjoyable atmosphere for ballplayers.

I mean, Hunter went to LAA instead, Peavy veto'd a trade (thank god), Oswalt said he doesn't want to play for the Sox, and I can go on and on. It just seems like the Sox has a hard time attracting players as it is.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 01:33 AM)
After Josh's 2007 season,I thought we had a 3rd baseman that would step in and make Joe Crede expendable but alas it hasn't worked out.

I still think this kid has a future but probably not with us.

I'll tell you one person that should hope Anderson and Fields fail, and that's Walker. I just don't believe the idea that if a player possesses a certain amount of potential, yet has been mediocre for a majority of their big league career (as Fields/Anderson have been), they'll just miraculously begin producing on another team. If this were to somehow occur, the issue will then be they've always had the talent, yet our coaching staff couldn't get it out of either. To me, that's a huge indictment on Walker and whoever else is responsible for talking to these players. If they're succeeding outside of the White Sox, then we should look at ourselves and figure out why.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
This is entertainment. Wise> Fields/BA. I hope it doesn't end here, what a f***ing joke.

Whats a joke? That we are gonna dump two of three players who are pretty much as equally worthless?

The difference between Anderson and Wise isn't so huge that it should be an issue and to be honest with you ide rather have Kotsay than either of em anyways.

Anderson, Fields, and Wise have done bare minimum to help this team this season.. I don't think anyone should be upset over losing ANY of them and at least Anderson and Fields could potentially get us SOMETHING that MAY help the team this year where as there is no way that Wise would net us anything.. and that is why I believe he is the one still here.