Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe my fellow sox fans in this forum actually thought we had a chance tonight against the Mighty Twinkies...this game is already over.

I'm gonna enjoy my afternoon ignoring these lifeless f***s!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
I can't believe my fellow sox fans in this forum actually thought we had a chance tonight against the Mighty Twinkies...this game is already over.

I'm gonna enjoy my afternoon ignoring these lifeless f***s!

Thanks for the inspiration.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
You honestly think this team is a championship caliber team? We have old guys who are injured, guys who shouldn't even be on a major league roster, players who can't field their positions, a bullpen that's over rated crap, slow guys all around the lineup.

Starting pitching IS good (tonight notwithstanding), but the rest of this team is BELOW average stock.

i agree completely. 2-1

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
I can understand lack of talent... It's just not there. But why, oh why, is there no emotion, no pasion. Just cashin' the checks.

It's hard to show emotion when you're scoring 2-3-4 runs everygame. There isn't much to get excited about.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
It's hard to show emotion when you're scoring 2-3-4 runs everygame. There isn't much to get excited about.

and besides maybe beckham, we dont have those type of rah rah players, the gomez type. jd, pk, pods, etc are all "professionals" that dont really let it show but are trying their hardest

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
Last season I gave up on this team in September, and they proved myself and everyone else wrong.

I can't and won't give up on them, even if we lose tonight.

Giving up would be shutting it off and not even watching. Though many of us are surely complaining, we're still here. There is absolutely no condition on 'giving up' unless you actually quit caring. No one here I wager has quit caring.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
Jayson Nix would be insane to have if he could raise his OBP slightly.

.766 OPS and Gold Glove caliber defense.

Better than anyone else in our division...especially what the Twins have produced at that position, it has been like our CF (minus Pods).

Although if would trade me Polanco for Nix, I'd take that deal for the remainder of the season in a heartbeat.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
Last season I gave up on this team in September, and they proved myself and everyone else wrong.

I can't and won't give up on them, even if we lose tonight.

well the way we've been playing lately be prepared for a big letdown when it's all done and over with

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Giving up would be shutting it off and not even watching. Though many of us are surely complaining, we're still here. There is absolutely no condition on 'giving up' unless you actually quit caring. No one here I wager has quit caring.

nope it's just frusterating watching them you can't help but complain because they've showed a definite lack of enthusiasm, effort and there is no spark what so ever with this team