Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
i've seen worse sox teams; and this one was unanimously picked to finish 4th or 5th this season.

I guess my point is that we've been watching the same exact baseball for almost 3 years now. Boring, slow, sloppy, uninspiring, and frustrating. We lack the fundamentals that almost every other team in the MLB seems to have no issues executing day in and day out. We haven't had a CF or a leadoff hitter since 2005. We don't seem to do any of the "little things" right, ever. We only win if we hit a bunch of home runs or if the pitchers thrown an amazing game and go eight innings. We have almost NO line drive hitters on this team, aside from Beckham. Everyone goes to the plate trying to crush the ball 500 feet. We are terrible base runners. We are terrible defensively. We can't hold baserunners on. We can't throw baserunners out when they steal. What DO we do well?

Prediction for the 9th? Line drive base hit for Beckham, followed by a DP, and a fly out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
Well, we better start playing better baseball. We face two of the hottest teams in baseball over the next week, and if we continue to struggle to score more than 3 runs, we could easily find ourselves 6 or 7 games out.

Earlier in the season we played well on the road and bad at home. I think that's starting to turn around and they will be better at home now based on the Tampa series. So we just hang tough and keep the faith on the road, hit a little bit better get a few more wins and do well at home we'll be within 5 games till the end.