Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Chink in the Sox armor is glaringly large lately. Poor defense. How does a .166 hiter get to you for 2 hits in a game?

Easy. The Twinkees play out of their ass every time they play the Sox. Simple enough. They are very mediocre, but sometimes I think they would beat our ass 70% of the time if we just straight up played them. They are in the Sox's heads.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:57 AM)
Castro short-armed the throw and Alexei ole'd it.

Interesting story, as Bruce Levine basically said today that AJP isn't the only Sox player who's sick of Alexei being afraid to get down and dirty in the field.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:57 AM)
So at what point do you consider DFA Castro? He's been terrible at the plate and behind the plate.

I believe this is about three throwing errors in his last few games behind the plates anyway

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:58 AM)
Wasn't there a point in time how you were saying he calls much better game than AJ?

Yes, I think he does call a very good game. However, he's not making errors behind the plate and his offense is worse than Toby Hall's was.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Yep, not a great throw, but Alexei should have had the ball. Again. He's a complete and total liability. End that f***ing experiment now, please. Thanks much.

i agree, beckham should be at ss. so...put alexei back at 2b?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Interesting story, as Bruce Levine basically said today that AJP isn't the only Sox player who's sick of Alexei being afraid to get down and dirty in the field.

Levine's about as useful as a balm bag, but there's probably some validity to this. After all, last spring training when he played the outfield, Alexei was pretty clearly afraid of the wall.