Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:00 AM)
Levine's about as useful as a balm bag, but there's probably some validity to this. After all, last spring training when he played the outfield, Alexei was pretty clearly afraid of the wall.

I don't even care about the throws going into center field. It's his lack of desire to hang in there when turning the double play that's more frustrating. Nice job Williams.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
Levine's about as useful as a balm bag, but there's probably some validity to this. After all, last spring training when he played the outfield, Alexei was pretty clearly afraid of the wall.

Cowley said the same thing about Pods, he said Pods plays the wall like its got an electric current running through it.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
i agree, beckham should be at ss. so...put alexei back at 2b?

He should have been playin 2b for the giants... but now I say put him in CF he has all the athletic tools to be a good defender but out there at least he has another second to react when he seems to take his mid game siesta

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:02 AM)
Cowley said the same thing about Pods, he said Pods plays the wall like its got an electric current running through it.

yeah, they were saying he was afraid of the wall last night. I didn't think that was the case, and I just think he really struggles on fly balls when he has to run to a spot.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
He should have been playin 2b for the giants... but now I say put him in CF he has all the athletic tools to be a good defender but out there at least he has another second to react when he seems to take his mid game siesta

i wonder if the sox will even consider letting beckham be the ss next year or it has to be alexei? its clear he shouldnt be..

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
yeah, they were saying he was afraid of the wall last night. I didn't think that was the case, and I just think he really struggles on fly balls when he has to run to a spot.

I was in LF last night, almost right behind that ball in row 3 which is the first row they let people sit in. It appeared Pods was all over it initially, then he just collapsed. I was hot. I didn't think it was the wall either, he really wasn't that close to it.