Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
Oh jeez, you have to hope he didn't tear ligaments in his ankle. Sell KW, sell!

You honestly think there is any chance in hell KW will actually sell? They're gonna be 3 games out. KW is not selling no matter how s***ty they're playing, they will never be more than 5-6 games out all season long. I've said it before, I'll say it again...

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
Great then we can have another white flag debacle . Is something wrong with contending ?

This isn’t the same kind of division back then. We’ll contend simply because this division is terrible. If we can get younger, by all means, get younger. Oh s***, Alexei. DAMN

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Although I'm not ready to give up on the season, I have given up on Greg Walker's ability to come up with a plan of attack for our hitters. It's been like this for the last three years.

If Kenny wants to make a move that will shake these guys up a little, it's firing Greg Walker. It's been long overdue.

Yes, please bring back the fire Greg Walker threads.

He's been getting a break since the Sox haven't hit like s*** for about a month. But now it's back!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
Double play. Hmmm, maybe you should have tagged when the ball was hit to the damn warning track, Alexei?

Damn when the heats on a guy you get picked on for everything under the sun. 99% of major leaguers don't tag up from 1st on that Kotsay flyout. Ravenous pack of dogs we got here :P

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:11 AM)
You honestly think there is any chance in hell KW will actually sell? They're gonna be 3 games out. KW is not selling no matter how s***ty they're playing, they will never be more than 5-6 games out all season long. I've said it before, I'll say it again...

I'm not saying trade Dye (even though it would be interesting to see what we could get for him), Konerko, Thome. It's guys like Dotel and/or Contreras that should be dealt. I highly doubt our fans will shed a tear if Dotel is traded.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
Couldn't agree more. At least we sent down Fields as soon as we could so he couldn't face a LHP.

If we do contend, Kotsay is a much needed PH off the bench. We are probably the worst team in all of baseball when it comes to pinch hitting.

However, if we don't contend, Kotsay will be the equivalent of 2007 Erstad.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:12 AM)
I fear this team is going to be mercilessly booed off the field the next four days - that means you too, weezy (how soon they forget!)

Considering it will be 40% Yankees fans, there's no way the boos would be audible enough.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
This isn’t the same kind of division back then. We’ll contend simply because this division is terrible. If we can get younger, by all means, get younger. Oh s***, Alexei. DAMN

Contending is contending . I don't care how bad the division is a hot streak and you can be in 1st place easily.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
If Anorexei went into second hard with the intention of taking out the fielder and preventing a DP, he wouldn't have been injured.

yep said that to my buddy. looked like he slowed down and didnt want any part of taking him out at second

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:13 AM)
If we do contend, Kotsay is a much needed PH off the bench. We are probably the worst team in all of baseball when it comes to pinch hitting.

However, if we don't contend, Kotsay will be the equivalent of 2007 Erstad.

Do you actually trust Ozzie to use Kotsay properly though? Also, as I discussed yesterday, with Fields being sent down, what righties would Kotsay even PH for?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:14 AM)
Contending is contending . I don't care how bad the division is a hot streak and you can be in 1st place easily.

Well, we better start playing better baseball. We face two of the hottest teams in baseball over the next week, and if we continue to struggle to score more than 3 runs, we could easily find ourselves 6 or 7 games out.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
Oh yeah, Mr. 10+ ERA comes in. And we traded Brandon Allen for him. Not saying Allen will be great, but you can't trade him for such a s***ty reliever. (Yes, I am opening this discussion again)

People need to get over the Brandon Allen manlove.