Palehose vs. Twinkies 7/29--7:10pm--CSN

Brian

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
Do you actually trust Ozzie to use Kotsay properly though? Also, as I discussed yesterday, with Fields being sent down, what righties would Kotsay even PH for?

True, Ozzie horribly mis-uses the bench.

As for players he'd pinch hit for, I can only think of Wise and Nix when they start.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Yes, please bring back the fire Greg Walker threads.

He's been getting a break since the Sox haven't hit like s*** for about a month. But now it's back!

It's been like this for the past 3 seasons. I've never seen a full team trying to pull every pitch. It's so simple it's ridiculous. Look at how good of a hitter Aj was in Minnesota, what did he do? He went opposite field on a regular basis. Konerko in his prime? Opposite field power.

This team has no approach at the plate, it's lift and pull, and it's the same old story. Enough already.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:17 AM)
At what point is management held responsible for this team?

Just like how Buddy Bell came into our minor league system and broke things up, we desperately need that with our big league club.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Have the Twins even come close to making an error this series? I also guess it would have been too much to ask that Getz hit for Nix against a RHP.

Getz came in for Alexei....

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
Just like how Buddy Bell came into our minor league system and broke things up, we desperately need that with our big league club.

That would mean the end of Kenny, and we all know that aint happening anytime soon.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
It's been like this for the past 3 seasons. I've never seen a full team trying to pull every pitch. It's so simple it's ridiculous. Look at how good of a hitter Aj was in Minnesota, what did he do? He went opposite field on a regular basis. Konerko in his prime? Opposite field power.

This team has no approach at the plate, it's lift and pull, and it's the same old story. Enough already.

AJ's hitting .300. Konerko's hitting .285 with 20 hr.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Damn when the heats on a guy you get picked on for everything under the sun. 99% of major leaguers don't tag up from 1st on that Kotsay flyout. Ravenous pack of dogs we got here :P

According to Hawk,Gomez would've waltzed to 2nd base

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)

AJP has a .304 avg.

Konerko has a .287 avg. He never was an opposite field guy and his hitting coach in his prime.............Greg Walker.

These are the same tired arguments that are totally false. Get some accurate information, then build your case.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:23 AM)
The last week is. Our offense sucks right now. That's the bottom line.

Last week? You were on here saying it sucked during the Tampa series, and it basically sucked since in the Orioles series besides the first game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Last week? You were on here saying it sucked during the Tampa series, and it basically sucked since in the Orioles series besides the first game.

Well thats pretty much the last week. How bout last week and a half.