Mariners acquire Jack Wilson and Ian Snell

League

This trade makes absolutely no sense for the Mariners. They sold low on Clement, and I could definitely see him becoming a really solid hitter at 1B (a 3rd catcher). I really like Clement's set up at bat from what I've seen from him. I think he's become quite underrated.

Jack Wilson is a terrible hitter who is a very good SS. Nothing wrong with having him on your team as the no. 9 hitter, but you don't give up a lot to get a player like him, that makes no sense. However, I could see his offense improving in Seattle as that is a bigger park and will lead to probably more singles and gapers.

As for Snell, his upside is as a mediocre no. 4 starter, IMO. I was never too impressed by him, and I don't understand all the hype around. Even IF he does figure things out, he doesn't have the stuff or makeup to be a really good pitcher.

2 good moves by the Pirates after a couple really questionable ones earlier (especially the McLouth one).