Randy Williams up with the Big League Team

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)
This guy actually had a real good spring training from what I can remember. I hope he can help us out and eat some innings.

Bartolo Colon became interested in pitching again when he saw "eat some", but quickly lost interest when he saw "innings".

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
Unless Williams developed a new pitch since Sping Training, he'll probably be worse than Gobble. He gets AAA hitters out, but if I'm not mistaken, he's a minor league vet in his 30's.

He made Mauer and Morneau look silly.

He was good, but according to Hawk, we don't need to make any pitching acquisitions due to his performance.

Did you hear the part about Nix being able to hit 35 home runs per year? I'm not sure if Hawk and Stone were joking about it, or if Stone was just mocking Hawk. probably the latter.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
Unless Williams developed a new pitch since Sping Training, he'll probably be worse than Gobble. He gets AAA hitters out, but if I'm not mistaken, he's a minor league vet in his 30's.

that's outstanding reasoning as to why he'll fail. Great analysis.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 04:11 AM)
Did you hear the part about Nix being able to hit 35 home runs per year? I'm not sure if Hawk and Stone were joking about it, or if Stone was just mocking Hawk. probably the latter.

They were just saying if you spread out Nix's HR rate over the course of a full season, that'd be 30-35.

However, Nix does have potential to be a 20+ HR guy if he finds some consistency at bat.