7/29 Games

scenario

Charlotte @ Syracuse

Egbert pitching

Birmingham lost to Jacksonville 9-3.

Decent start by Ely, but Ricky Brooks imploded in relief and the offense didn't show up.

Kinston @ Winston-Salem

Tied 3-3 after 5.

Morel with 3 hits including a homerun.

Kannapolis beat Rome 3-2.

Leesman with the win.

Great Falls @ Helena

Collop pitching

Bristol game postponed due to rain.

Edited by scenario

Ugh...season ticket holder batting practice got postponed due to wet grounds at Regions. I have to wait another month to crack some dingers. I know it has nothing to do with today's games, just thought I'd share.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
Ugh...season ticket holder batting practice got postponed due to wet grounds at Regions. I have to wait another month to crack some dingers. I know it has nothing to do with today's games, just thought I'd share.

That's really cool that they let season ticket holders do that. You'll have to share how it goes whenever it's rescheduled.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
That's really cool that they let season ticket holders do that. You'll have to share how it goes whenever it's rescheduled.

The last few years I've sucked with a wood bat, but I'm going aluminum for this year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 12:03 AM)
I would freaking love to do that. I'm thinking about moving down to Birmingham now!

You get to shag balls when your not in the cage. Anywhere on the field you want to be.

D2 struggling a bit lately.

Kevin Dubler, last year's highest catcher selection for the Sox, finally showing a pulse in Great Falls after an awful start. Hitting .308 in his last 10 games with half his hits for doubles, hits in 6 of his last 7 starts. He was giving up a lot of playing time to NDFA Chase Blackwood, but now they have reversed and Dubler is getting the majority of the playing time.

My two seats, plus a full season parking pass, playoff tickets comped, all star events this year, just $945. My seats are the most expensive in the park, the lot I park in is up front, plus we have waitress service in our section. We're right behind the 1st base (home) dugout. The seat right next to ours is unclaimed by the way.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
has anybody seen enough of Morel to say if he has the defensive skills to play 3b.

Like to see him finish the year at Birmingham, but that is unlikely with Dayan in his path.

Dayan, Morel or Retherford, one of those guys needs to take over at 3b by 2011

He only has 6 or 7 errors all season, so it seems he's statistically good.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
He only has 6 or 7 errors all season, so it seems he's statistically good.

From what you have seen from Dayan all season, do you think LF would be his second position if it becomes clear he's not sticking at 3B?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
From what you have seen from Dayan all season, do you think LF would be his second position if it becomes clear he's not sticking at 3B?

See my blog at Future Sox.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
has anybody seen enough of Morel to say if he has the defensive skills to play 3b.

Like to see him finish the year at Birmingham, but that is unlikely with Dayan in his path.

Dayan, Morel or Retherford, one of those guys needs to take over at 3b by 2011

According to BA, he is very solid and has a good arm. He could be a good one. He is an ideal 3B because he is not only good with the glove, but has plus range. I hope he continues to progress because he looks like a keeper.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
According to BA, he is very solid and has a good arm. He could be a good one. He is an ideal 3B because he is not only good with the glove, but has plus range. I hope he continues to progress because he looks like a keeper.

He was also rated as having the best infield arm in the Org coming into the year by BA