And that's a White Sox season.

Jordan4life_2007

I don't want to hear it! "We're only 2 games out." This is a below average baseball team. Kenny needs to be in full sell mode right now. Don't do anything stupid to try to win this crappy division. This is kinda why I don't like the three divisions and WC from each league. You're deluded into thinking you're a contender because from a technical standpoint you're 'in it' when in reality you're not really that good. This team has so many flaws that I'm not going to bother listing them all. We've neglected the farm for years and we're playing dearly for it. We're on the way up. But it's going to take a while to undo the damage from the 2000-2006 drafts. We need to get whatever we can for our vets and build from within. I'm more than ready to absorb a down year or two if it leads to a run of sustained excellence. No more of this pulling a fluke year out our asses every 3-5 years.

For the eternal optimists, flame away. I really don't care.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Pods proves repeatedly that he's a terrible defender, Getz broke the wrong way for no reason on an easy DP ball, and Kotsay hit a ball directly at Cuddyer are not due to the f***ing Metrodome.

Shut the f*** up, you pathetic announcer. You're only making an excuse and further perpetuating the belief of the entire organization that it is impossible to win in Minnesota.

f*** you, f*** you, f*** you.

God, I hate Hawk Harrelson.

I almost made this a thread, but figured that would only go badly.

1-6 in out last 7 games vs the top 2 teams in the division. KW said that he would wait until after these two series to decide on what to do on the trading front. Going 1-6 says it all. The next 40 hours or so should be interesting.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
We're only 3 games out and I guarantee you this season is not over until the last week of our regular season.

I'm still fairly confident our season will end some time in October.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
We're only 3 games out and I guarantee you this season is not over until the last week of our regular season.

And then it may last another 4 games, but there's no chance in hell this team makes it past the first round of the playoffs. And even getting that far would almost need a miracle.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm still fairly confident our season will end some time in October.
You are correct. The last game of the season is on October 4th.

Losing these games is not the end of the season, but it will be interesting to see what KW does based on the results over the past 7 games.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm positive of it. The final game is October 4th.

We'll be playing meaningful baseball after that.

EDIT: Let me re-word this to avoid smart-ass responses. We'll win the AL Central this season.

Seriously. We're 3 games out with 2 months to play. Anything can happen in the playoffs, especially with a top 3 like we have.

Kenny just needs to stand pat and hope our offense starts hitting. If not change things up in the offseason.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
We're a .500 team at the end of July. We have no chance at winning the Word Series which should be our goal. Build for next year.

There is very little we could do at the trade deadline that will help us win next year. That is all in the offseason.

We have 60 games left.....ABSOLUTELY anything can happen....good or bad, great or horrible. I'm voting for great. I don't know about you, but I would love to see something great happen. So until the Sox are mathematically eliminated, I'm in it to win it.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:54 AM)
There is very little we could do at the trade deadline that will help us win next year. That is all in the offseason.

Acquire a few more chips to then use in a trade this offseason for Carl Crawford. We have a player now in Beckham we can build our offense around.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
This season is far from over.

Too many people think today is September 29th instead of July.

Not too mention last year getting swept up there near the last week of the season.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Acquire a few more chips to then use in a trade this offseason for Carl Crawford. We have a player now in Beckham we can build our offense around.

Yah, I guess thats true, but I don't think we should do it at this point only 3 games out. Just try to build it in the offseason.

The Sox are bad now, but so are the Twins and the Tigers. I'm not favoring the Sox to win it, but nothing I've seen from either of those two teams say they're going to rip off some crazy streak and run away.

At this point the Sox don't have a ton to trade, just hold tight, muddle around in this bad division and make the changes in the offseason.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Seriously. We're 3 games out with 2 months to play. Anything can happen in the playoffs, especially with a top 3 like we have.

Kenny just needs to stand pat and hope our offense starts hitting. If not change things up in the offseason.

WHAT?!

If anything, they need to add pieces. This team is woeful without additions. I'm not for adding any pieces because I don't believe we could add enough to make us serious contenders, but to think we can compete with what we already have is absurd.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
The fact that Pods proves repeatedly that he's a terrible defender, Getz broke the wrong way for no reason on an easy DP ball, and Kotsay hit a ball directly at Cuddyer are not due to the f***ing Metrodome.

Shut the f*** up, you pathetic announcer. You're only making an excuse and further perpetuating the belief of the entire organization that it is impossible to win in Minnesota.

f*** you, f*** you, f*** you.

God, I hate Hawk Harrelson.

I almost made this a thread, but figured that would only go badly.

i thought the same thing when i turned off the game. he hits it right to cuddyer and hawk b****es about the stadium, what did the stadium have to do with that play!