Alexei Ramirez Updates

SoxFan1

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
as long as it's not an ACL or some other tear, I can live with it

Not sure if there is one in the ankle, but the ACL is in the knee. Nonetheless, I hope he's ok and it's just a bad sprain.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
Not sure if there is one in the ankle, but the ACL is in the knee. Nonetheless, I hope he's ok and it's just a bad sprain.

lol, true, anatomy wasn't my strong point, I meant achilles (sp?) I believe that is down in that zone

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
and again stubborn ozzie decides to play nix at SS instead of beckham who is a natural SS.....im so sick of ozzie

If Ramirez will be back in a few days or a week, it makes sense to keep Beckham at 3B. If it turns out Ramirez is gonna miss a large chunk of time, then yeah, Beckham should be moved back to short.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:37 PM)
Nix is perfectly capable of playing SS.

agreed 100%.

however, to me its not about nix playing SS, its about getting gordon up the middle...but i suppose i should come to just accept that it will never happen

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)
agreed 100%.

however, to me its not about nix playing SS, its about getting gordon up the middle...but i suppose i should come to just accept that it will never happen

I agree Beckham should be moved to middle infield (I prefer he play 2b), but before tonight the odds of that happening were slim to none. And because of the injury to Ramirez tonight, Slim just walked out the door.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
So, we going to run out Beckham, Nix, Getz now? Fields gets brought back up?

Fields can't come back up for a bit. I'd expect Nix at 3B with Beckham at SS. Lillibridge might also come back up as he's been putting up really good numbers in Charlotte.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
Fields can't come back up for a bit. I'd expect Nix at 3B with Beckham at SS. Lillibridge might also come back up as he's been putting up really good numbers in Charlotte.

thats certainly debatable...and if a roster spot opens due to injury then fields should be able to come up.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
When will there be an update on CQ? You just know something bad is bound to happen soon. Yesterday didn't look good.

Yea he looked bad after his HR. The Twins announcers actually tossed in a Kirk Gibson comparison.

And if Alexei hits the DL Fields could come back up, but if he's just out for a week w/o a DL spot then there's some sort of time limit before Fields could come back up (10 days maybe?)

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
I actually think this could end up improving the Sox D. I do not think Alexei will be the future SS of the Sox. Gut feeling. I don't wish the guy to be hurt or fail. But I think he was about to be traded before this injury. If he stays, he needs to move back to 2nd or play CF next year.

The first thing that went through my mind when I saw Ramirez on the turf was that this could be a good thing for the team somehow.

We would be in a bad way if we start having to move players aroud to cover defensive needs. Beckham is clearly the 3B this year at least. He needs to stay at 3B and continue working on that position. Nix can play SS and you leave Getz at 2B. You don't have anyone playing out of their regular positions (that they started with anyway). The bigger question is if skinny Alexei hits the DL, who replaces him at the big league level? It won't be Fields IMO as I think he is gone period so it's probably light hitting Lillibridge.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
I don't see how you guys think it will be a defensive upgrade. Nix is a great defender but I don't know if he's proven he's a great defender at SS and Beckham clearly would be a defensive downgrade.

Alexei started the year erratic but looking OK, and I thought he'd improve. Instead, he seems to be regressing. I think defensively, Nix is probably a slight upgrade right away, if I had to take a guess. But Nix won't be near the hitter that Alexei is.

And I am not so sure Beckham is a clear downgrade - probably short term he is, but maybe not. Long term, since Alexei doesn't seem to be improving, I think Beckham might be an upgrade over Alexei.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 08:30 AM)
Yea he looked bad after his HR. The Twins announcers actually tossed in a Kirk Gibson comparison.

And if Alexei hits the DL Fields could come back up, but if he's just out for a week w/o a DL spot then there's some sort of time limit before Fields could come back up (10 days maybe?)

Whats the rule on that someone. If Quentin goes on the DL then Fields can be recalled to replace him? Fields can't be recalled to play 3rd. Otherwise it is 8 more days until he can be recalled? On another subject does anyone think that there will be something in the lineup today that will foretell an upcoming trade?

Edited by forrestg

What was Alexei trying to do in the first place? What an idiotic slide. If he just did a normal take out slide, he would have never got injured.

Also, it seemed to me he overexaggerated his injury. Sure, it hurts, but he spent a good minute or two just rolling around on the turf.

Does anyone else get the feeling he has vaginitis? He doesn't like to stay in 2B hard when he is turning DP's, he doesn't do good take out slides, everytime he gets some chin music he hits to deck and lies there for a minute, he always covers his head on pickoff throws to first, he seemed to get his feelings hurt when AJ called him out, etc.

He's coming close to Alex Rios territory.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
What was Alexei trying to do in the first place? What an idiotic slide. If he just did a normal take out slide, he would have never got injured.

Also, it seemed to me he overexaggerated his injury. Sure, it hurts, but he spent a good minute or two just rolling around on the turf.

Does anyone else get the feeling he has vaginitis? He doesn't like to stay in 2B hard when he is turning DP's, he doesn't do good take out slides, everytime he gets some chin music he hits to deck and lies there for a minute, he always covers his head on pickoff throws to first, he seemed to get his feelings hurt when AJ called him out, etc.

His spikes got caught. That's why it looked awkward. Stop blaming Alexi for his injury or calling it over-exaggerated. He got hurt, the replays show it too.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)

You managed to be both impossibly psychic (overexaggerated his injury) and offensive (vaginitis?) in one post. Good job.

Also, have you ever had a severly sprained ankle? Because I can tell you it hurts like hell. Hurts worse than when I have broken bones before.