Alexei Ramirez Updates

SoxFan1

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
You managed to be both impossible psychic (overexaggerated his injury) and offensive (vaginitis?) in one post. Good job.

Also, have you ever had a severly sprained ankle? Because I can tell you it hurts like hell. Hurts worse than when I have broken bones before.

Thank you.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
You managed to be both impossibly psychic (overexaggerated his injury) and offensive (vaginitis?) in one post. Good job.

Also, have you ever had a severly sprained ankle? Because I can tell you it hurts like hell. Hurts worse than when I have broken bones before.

I severely sprained my ankle senior year of college playing basketball (by myself, haha). I immediately collapsed. Literally could not walk for 24 hours. Putting weight on it was unbearable. It significantly impacted me for a good week. I still felt a mild pain a month later.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
You managed to be both impossibly psychic (overexaggerated his injury) and offensive (vaginitis?) in one post. Good job.

Vaginitis is a south park reference.

Overexaggerated might be the wrong way to describe. It seems to me he just doesn't have a high pain tolerance.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)

Overexaggerated might be the wrong way to describe. It seems to me he just doesn't have a high pain tolerance.

Lets make things clear. The only person that can judge someones pain tolerance is themselves. I don't recall Alexei missing a ton of games due to injuries in his short career so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and your comments were absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Lets make things clear. The only person that can judge someones pain tolerance is themselves. I don't recall Alexei missing a ton of games due to injuries in his short career so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and your comments were absolutely ridiculous.

I'm just saying it seems that way to me.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
Nix is absolutely the best defender we have on this team. He might even be the best defender in the entire organization.

Normally I call people out for hyperbole, but this isn't hyperbole.

White Sox call up Lillibridge in case Ramirez goes on the DL

July 30, 2009, 3:55 PM

By: Bruce Levine

The Chicago White Sox have called up Brent Lillibridge from Triple-A Charlotte to wait and see if Alexei Ramirez has responded from treatment or must go on the disabled list.

Ramirez injured his left ankle in Wednesday's game against the Minnesota Twins. He had an MRI today. Results are unknown at this time. As of 3:50, Ramirez walked into the clubhouse and was being checked out by the Sox training staff.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)

The Chicago White Sox have called up Brent Lillibridge from Triple-A Charlotte to wait and see if Alexei Ramirez has responded from treatment or must go on the disabled list.

Ramirez injured his left ankle in Wednesday's game against the Minnesota Twins. He had an MRI today. Results are unknown at this time. As of 3:50, Ramirez walked into the clubhouse and was being checked out by the Sox training staff.

That doesn't make things very clear... Has Lillibridge been recalled, or just flew up to Chicago just in case Ramirez goes on the DL?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)

Based on what?

He has been called and they are going to have him ready in case, but no roster moves have been made. I wonder who the Sox would move? They really don't have anyone, position wise, that they could send down right now, unless they want to expose Wise (and we have to think that they don't).

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
Per Cowley's twitter: Missile out probably until Monday.

Doesn't really seem like a DL trip in the making. Does this just mean that Lillibridge gets to play checkers in the clubhouse with Dotel, Pena, Contreras, and Colon?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)

Why Lillibridge? Why?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)

I think you have made the point that needed to be made. You cannot speak for someone elses injury oir pain tolerance. Alexei has played when banged up I believe. A sprain as pointed out in other posts can be as painful as abroken bone and maybe worse. I have sprained knees and ankles before and it hurts. I know the CQ must be really hurting from the plantar faciatis(sp) cause I had that problem some years back from not stretching enough before I jogged and it hurt like the dickens

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Cowley just said that the Sox told Lillibridge he could go back to AAA.

Shouldn't have gotten the call in the first place. That is, unless his .262/.342/.374 line in the hitter's park in Charlotte is a good indicator of major league success. He's certainly having himself a nice July (to the tune of .326/.414/.465), but after his .271 OBP in June he was bound to rebound and even it out a bit.

Lillibridge flying into Chicago isn't a big deal. He would have played very sparingly and was only in town in case the team felt it was necessary to DL Alexei, meaning that Nix would take over full-time SS duties and Lillibridge would have become a once a week player with the occasional pinch running appearance.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 01:54 AM)
Shouldn't have gotten the call in the first place. That is, unless his .262/.342/.374 line in the hitter's park in Charlotte is a good indicator of major league success. He's certainly having himself a nice July (to the tune of .326/.414/.465), but after his .271 OBP in June he was bound to rebound and even it out a bit.

Our only options for an infielder are him, Ginter, Torres and Retherford.

Torres hasn't done anything this year, Ginter's actually been alright and Retherford is till in AAA. I'm not sure if we have any spots on our 40-man open but only Lilli is currently on it. You say he shouldn't have gotten called in the first place, but we don't really have any real options other than him.