Reds and Blue Jays considering Rolen-Alonso swap.

League

Guys this isn't true. Come on, common sense tells us it isn't true. I know Alderson just went for Sanchez but Sanchez is a superior player at this point than Rolen. They play different positions and Rolen clearly has the better career but Sanchez has more good years left.

And if teams are really giving up these type of prospects right now, well than lets sell Jermaine Dye for Yonder Alonso and pronto.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
No way it is Alonso for Rolen straight up. And if so I really really really think the Sox need to consider moving Dye, Thome, and maybe even Alexei.

Imagine what Konerko would bring in in that kind of market, or hell, if teams are getting this loose with prospects, offer Alexei to Boston for Lars and Bowden.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
The Reds suck. Why would they want Rolen?

To suck less.

Neither the Cards nor the Cubs are exactly great teams. I guess they figure that they can contend.

Edited by League

QUOTE (League @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
Neither the Cards nor the Cubs are exactly great teams. I guess they figure that they can contend.

I'll be stunned if Reds finish within 12 games of the Cards/Cubs this year. That team is done, and probably should shut down Cueto sometime soon.

Reds Back Off Rolen Deal

By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 4:13pm CST]

4:13pm: ESPN's Peter Gammons says the Reds "backed off a potential deal" for Rolen. The Reds are actually hoping to move some contracts, and will listen on Bronson Arroyo, David Weathers, Aaron Harang, and Arthur Rhodes. Plus there's the issue of the Jays not wanting to trade Rolen if they keep Halladay.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
I'm sure there are more GM's who passed on Beckham who would trade their pick straight up for him right now. In fact, maybe all of them.

I'd think all of them except the Orioles (Matusz) and Giants (Posey).