Something to think about

Joel

I think its 90/10 that they get traded so I agree.

But I disagree with you on him struggling to hit.  I thinke he would be great in the #2 whole Between Alomar and Thomas.

Kendall is one of my favorite guys to watch hit, because he's a line drive hitter that sprays the ball to all parts of the field.

He also has very good speed and a great attitude. The best thing is he can bunt and with his steady bat (So few strikeouts) you have a perfect guy to move guys over and 1st and 3rd a lot of guys. Also I could see a ton of hit and runs, etc. You could do the same with Giles who almost never strikes out.

You'd deal Lee and Olivo who probably combine for 120 K's and get 60 K's in return and gain so many points in the AVG column and the OBP column.

Also remember, PIRATES PAY HALF OF KENDALLS CONTRACT. No way do you make this deal if they dont' pay part of Kendalls contract. From what I've heard they are willing to do so. Right now this deal definately makes sense from the Sox perspective.

Lets say the Pirates don't take Lee, just something like Ginter, Rauch, and Yan (3 solid prospects) then the Sox can move Lee's salary for a relief pitcher or a starting pitcher (Maybe to the Dodgers who would play him at 1st for a reliever, who knows).

Then in the offseason the Sox lose Colon (Try to sign Ponson for a few mill less). Sox lose Everett, move Kendall to LF while Borchard/Reed are right there too and you have Giles in center and Maggs in right.

Salary wise if you move Lee and add Giles and Kendall at half of Kendalls salary (They add 12 mill a year over the long haul). Thats not all that bad, especially when you have Jose's salary off the books and Bartolo at 9 mill a year off the books. Thats 13.5 mill right there. Your right though, Maggs, Buehrle's and Thomas will go up a bit. But I think with the team on the field the Sox have to be willing to spend a bit more.

Also think that in the next year you may lose Maggs or resign him (And it won't be for 14.5 mill, I guarantee that). I see Maggs getting something like 9 mill a year. I know many have laughed at me for suggesting a low rate, but the financial scene has changed and people will see that when Vladdy gets around 14-15 mill a year instead of the 20 he would of made had it been a few years ago.

Oh ya, if they make this trade then the odds are very good at the playoffs and even the World Series and if the Sox go into the playoffs, you can add quite a bit of extra revenue, plus a ton of extra revenue next year from increased season ticket sales.

KW better be pitching it like this.