Twins land O-Cab.

League

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
It will look bad now if the KW, who has the reputation for making moves, stands pat while Twins and Tigers improve in areas they needed to.

For this year, yes. I'm usually down for trader KW, but I don't know about this team this year. I think he can make better deals to improve the team in the long run by standing pat and waiting for the offseason with the farm and the cleared payroll space

I really like this trade for Oakland. O-Cab cannot be offered arbitration after this year so the Twins will get no pick from him after the year ends. Ladendorf was a second round pick last year so he must have potential.

Edited by GO CHI SOX!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:22 PM)
Cabrera REALLY improves them up the middle. They can have Harris play 2B.

I'd like to see your explanation on this. Harris has been better defensively than Cabrera, and now he is moving to a faster surface. They have also been about equal offensively. I dont see this as an upgrade at all.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
Enjoy that clubhouse cancer Twinkies

It didn't stop the Red Sox, Angels or White Sox winning when he was around. He is a douchebag, no question, but he is a huge upgrade for them although his glove has slipped this year. Just be thankful the Twins made that trade for Delmon Young. Bartlett and Garza would look very good on the Twins.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
It didn't stop the Red Sox, Angels or White Sox winning when he was around. He is a douchebag, no question, but he is a huge upgrade for them although his glove has slipped this year. Just be thankful the Twins made that trade for Delmon Young. Bartlett and Garza would look very good on the Twins.

I heard the Red Sox were looking into getting him as well, and he made it clear he did NOT wish to return to Boston. What player have you ever heard say that, besides maybe a Yankee? Sounds like he causes trouble wherever he goes...

Great point, I forget about that deal. For all the knobbing the Twins get, that was one of the poorer deals in the last few years

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 12:30 PM)
I heard the Red Sox were looking into getting him as well, and he made it clear he did NOT wish to return to Boston. What player have you ever heard say that, besides maybe a Yankee? Sounds like he causes trouble wherever he goes...

Giles turned down a deal to the Red Sox last year

Thats what I dont get, how is he an upgrade? He is a downgrade defensively and offensively he is about the same as the guy he is replacing. Frankly, if this means less of Nick Punto, I see this as a win for the White Sox.