Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter

Heads22

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Tigers and Twins message boards:

2:00 pm: TIGERS GOT WASHBURN!!!

2:02 pm: TWINS GOT CABRERA!!!

3:02 pm: s***.

Anyone have links to either of their boards? That'd be something I'd love to read.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Tigers and Twins message boards:

2:00 pm: TIGERS GOT WASHBURN!!!

2:02 pm: TWINS GOT CABRERA!!!

3:02 pm: s***.

I'm sure the both of them are pretty happy about their situations this year. I think they have improved more for the goal of making the playoffs than we have.

Of course if our players start hitting, we have the best team in the division, but who knows if that will happen or not. This season will all be about how much we hit the next 2 months.

If I was a Tigers fan or Twins fan I wouldnt be all that worried about us this year, but I would be scared s***less about next year and beyond.

QUOTE (League @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Anyone have links to either of their boards? That'd be something I'd love to read.

It's going to be a lot of "I can't believe they traded for an injured player" and "He'll suck in the AL"

It won't be until later this year or next year when he's mowing them down that the boards will be fun to read.

Keep in mind Peavy did pitch 3 starts after the injury, with a heavily taped ankle. After the MRI they shut him down. I guess I'm saying it's not the kind of injury that completely prevented him from throwing.

I'll miss Richard, I think this guy is going to be a stud. But man...what a rotation.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:43 PM)
Keep in mind Peavy did pitch 3 starts after the injury, with a heavily taped ankle. After the MRI they shut him down. I guess I'm saying it's not the kind of injury that completely prevented him from throwing.

I'll miss Richard, I think this guy is going to be a stud. But man...what a rotation.

yeah, but I'm definitely on the "scrap this year" bandwagon if there's any remote concern about it

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
The Chicago White Sox are paying Peavy"s entire contract according to 2 WS officials by bob nightengale twitter

I don't mind. Would have been awesome to get some money, but then the Pads would have wanted more.

Is it a gamble? Of course it is, but I think with the top 4 the Sox have now they can be dominant team next year

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)
It's going to be a lot of "I can't believe they traded for an injured player" and "He'll suck in the AL"

It won't be until later this year or next year when he's mowing them down that the boards will be fun to read.

I read a comment from an Indians fan that said this was KW in panic mode. Damn, envy much? He acquired a f***ing Cy Young-caliber pitcher FFS.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
The Chicago White Sox are paying Peavy"s entire contract according to 2 WS officials by bob nightengale twitter

That's probably why Hudson was pulled off the table.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
I read a comment from an Indians fan that said this was KW in panic mode. Damn, envy much? He acquired a f***ing Cy Young-caliber pitcher FFS.

would love to hear that poster explain that. I think making a move that is focusing on 10 and beyond is the exact opposite of panic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
I thought you were done with this team?

Find a quote anywhere of me even implying I was done with this team and I'll never post again. There's a difference in thinking the team is not good enough to win and should sell off some parts in an attempt to get better, or just saying I'm simply done with the team and will never cheer for them again. You don't have to drink White Sox flavored kool-aid 24/7 to be a fan.

QUOTE (League @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
Still a solid deal. We've got a ton of money coming off.

there was some number crunching going on in May and I think even with Peavy's deal the Sox will have like 20m for arb players, trades or FAs, theirs or from other teams.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
Find a quote anywhere of me even implying I was done with this team and I'll never post again. There's a difference in thinking the team is not good enough to win and should sell off some parts in an attempt to get better, or just saying I'm simply done with the team and will never cheer for them again. You don't have to drink White Sox flavored kool-aid 24/7 to be a fan.

Sorry, I misquoted you. You said, "I've seen enough". I guess you could say there is a big difference.

From MLBtraderumors

4:45pm: Two White Sox officials tell USA Today's Bob Nightengale that the Sox will pay all of Peavy's contract. That means they'll pay him $56MM by the end of 2012 and maybe more afterwards.

NO cash from Padres!