Reduced Ticket Prices for Angels Series

joeynach

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
Further, the Sox are 9th in average ticket price, and same rank for fan-cost-index, in 2009. So, top third in price, barely. The 8 teams more expensive, in order of expense: Red Cubs, Regular Cubs, Yankmes, Cards, Mets, Giants, Phils and Stros.

See how funny/misleading/manipulative statistics can be? According to avg ticket price Stros are top 8. But the graph Chi Sox posted would lead one to believe they are the best bargain in MLB.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
See how funny/misleading/manipulative statistics can be? According to avg ticket price Stros are top 8. But the graph Chi Sox posted would lead one to believe they are the best bargain in MLB.

Its not that its misleading - it just shows different stats. The graphs shows high/low price band, not average price.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
If the Sox had cheap bleachers like most teams, I would be at the stadium so much more

The Sox should do some sort of an upper deck deal that provides a ticket and a parking pass at a bargain price. An unfilled seat and an empty parking spot does nobody any good. People will spend what they can afford. The good seats will sell themselves with the team playing so well. They need to make the upper deck somehow special so that even though the view of the game may not be as good as the expensive seats, there is an incentive or gimmick. What about a single people section or a kids/family area with stroller places and diaper changing areas. Even when the team is playing really well, there are just seats that rarely sell on normal weekday games.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
I have onl seen a few other teams ticket prices but im wondering if the Sox have the most ridiculous ticket prices in baseball.

I mean 38 for outfield is bad, in Pittsburgh I know there outfield seats are like 7 bucks and I sat on the first base side, 100 level for only 24. And 23 for 500 level, thats ridiculous

Not even close, go to a Yankees or Red Sox or Cubs game. I had friends in from out of town and they wanted to go to a game (Sox were away) so we went to the bleachers in wrigley, had to pay $75/ticket (face was $40+) and FYI they sell about 3,000 more seats then there are bleacher tickets, I don't mind standing/boozing during a game but families of 6 were showing up 15 minutes before the first pitch and had nowhere to go.

The Sox are reasonaly priced in my opinion.

So are they going to drop season ticket prices next year? How about rolling back the increases they stuck on everyone this year? My guess is it depends on the playoffs, if they make it they will get everyone's deposits and increase tickets again, if they don't make it they will lower prices a bit or hold steady.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
The Sox should do some sort of an upper deck deal that provides a ticket and a parking pass at a bargain price. An unfilled seat and an empty parking spot does nobody any good. People will spend what they can afford. The good seats will sell themselves with the team playing so well. They need to make the upper deck somehow special so that even though the view of the game may not be as good as the expensive seats, there is an incentive or gimmick. What about a single people section or a kids/family area with stroller places and diaper changing areas. Even when the team is playing really well, there are just seats that rarely sell on normal weekday games.

Well I agree something should be done, espeically for weekday games in the upper deck and maybe even outfield. I wouldnt go nuts with the stroller and diaper changing stuff though. You dont want to do anything that could be potentially disruptive to the other fans enjoying the game; like stinking diapers and ppl pushing strollers all argund the stadium, NOT GOOD!! I suggest some sort of gimmick for discount. For example, for tuesdays, if the sox win the previous game, all UD tickets 1/2 or 1/3 off, whatever. Maybe all afternoon weekday games could be walk up 1/2 or 1/3 price in the UD or outfield. I also like the idea of what the twins do with the NYSE. We could do several weekday games, like those against KC, OAK, and BAL, and make UD tix discounted to a corresponding price of the NYSE. For example choose like 4 or 5 low draw games and say if the stock market is in the 9000s then UD prices are $9, if 10,000s then prices would be $10. Stuff like that. It aint that hard.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
So is the cost arguement garbage? The Sox had the team with the best record in baseball in town, had perfect weather, had discounted tickets, and perfect weather. They drew 30k, 32k, and 28k.

How was the weather?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
So is the cost arguement garbage? The Sox had the team with the best record in baseball in town, had perfect weather, had discounted tickets, and perfect weather. They drew 30k, 32k, and 28k.

For a weekday series, including a day game, against a team with very little national following (despite being a good club, no one here cares about them)... I'll take a 30k average for that series. That's a lot better than the, what, low 20's average we got for LAD?