AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Interesting how the team's two weaknesses (scoring runs and bullpen) became strengths in the wake of the Peavy deal. Even if Peavy doesn't pitch for another two months, that confidence boost from Kenny may have completely changed this team's morale.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
Interesting how the team's two weaknesses (scoring runs and bullpen) became strengths in the wake of the Peavy deal. Even if Peavy doesn't pitch for another two months, that confidence boost from Kenny may have completely changed this team's morale.

It was nice, but let's have perspective, it's nice against Sergio Mitre and the like, but then let's not go over the edge if the offense struggles against Burnett/Sabathia

Great to see TCQ coming back. Great bullpen work and work on the fly by Ozzie in a tough spot. Great approach from the Sox offense in general (started early when guys like AJ going oppo, looking for base hits, etc)

Peace out for the night everyone!

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
The entire team played well. A plus for the bullpen, although I wouldn't have put Linebrink in for the top of the 9th. I don't have much faith in him.

If you can't use him up five runs for one inning, when exactly do you use him?

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
A plus for the bullpen, although I wouldn't have put Linebrink in for the top of the 9th. I don't have much faith in him.

I imagine that Linebrink wouldn't have been sent out there to protect a one- or two-run lead.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
Wrong...It's a VERY good day.

Sox pick up Cy Young pitcher to complete the perfect roster

dont trade the farm

cubs lose

cards win

twins lose

tiggers lose

not gonna beat this baseball day for al ong time

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker