AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Kenny should really be a seller and not a buyer. I mean, at the end of this weekend, we could be 7-8 ba......oh, we got Peavy? And we've one the 1st 2 against the Yankees? Oh, what, our offense looks like it has some life....? Nevermind.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
Sox pick up Cy Young pitcher to complete the perfect roster

dont trade the farm

cubs lose

cards win

twins lose

tiggers lose

not gonna beat this baseball day for al ong time

and q homered

its a good thing bacon went hitless or else the national guard might have had to be sent in to resuscitate all of soxtalk

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
I LOVE speed. That 7th inning was so fun to watch. Sometimes, you have to force the other team's hand.

It is a part of baseball and it was beautiful to watch. Had we not scored that inning I'd have been pissed cause Kotsay and Quentin had crushed it with two on and no one out and we had gotten nothing to show of it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 03:24 AM)
Write today down as the day the Sox acquired an MVP and a CY Young Award winner. It is also the day I declare that I think the Sox are going to be World Champions this year.

You're really asking a lot from Quentin, Pods, Peavy, Jenks and Linebrink for that to happen....maybe Pena can do a reasonable impression of Liney? It would be interesting to see if KW considers making him a starter again, like he was in the D-Backs organization b4 2006.

But all those players I mentioned would have to stay healthy and/or really pick up their level of play. And we're sacrificing some games against tough competition (got lucky today with Mitre match-up) with those 3 fifth starter slots coming up.

As far as our OWN division (and not all of MLB),

I still think DET has to be considered the team to beat because of the acquisition of Washburn, who's ready to pitch for them NOW. And, if you look more closely at Thomas' numbers in RF this year, they're ALMOST as good as Beckham's, he's quietly had a very good rookie campaign...though I still think Romero, Andrus and Porcello are a little bit ahead of Beckham, who's gaining momentum fast.

The Yankees' announcers mentioned Slayer for ROY, mentioned he was leading in RBI's, BA, SLG and OBP among all AL rookies.

I guess Reimhold and Wieters in BALT could make some noise too.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
Sox pick up Cy Young pitcher to complete the perfect roster

dont trade the farm

cubs lose

cards win

twins lose

tiggers lose

not gonna beat this baseball day for al ong time

who are you and what have you done with Jimbo?