Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
thanks.

how was burls on the trade? sun times tried to make it sound like he had mixed feelings

he said it was HUGE sad to see richard go

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
thanks.

how was burls on the trade? sun times tried to make it sound like he had mixed feelings

He said that both he and the team were excited about it, but they'll miss CR and that the Pads are getting a good pitcher in him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:31 PM)
thanks.

He was fine, although he did mention what a great guy Richard is. I think Buerhle enjoyed taking Clayton under his wing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
He was fine, although he did mention what a great guy Richard is. I think Buerhle enjoyed taking Clayton under his wing.

Both Coop and Buehrle both seemed really emotionally invested in Richard. Only furthers the idea that we really have two pitching coaches.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Read it again.

Try communicating more clearly next time.

I said that if anything happens (injury) to Alexei he should move to 3b. That's Getz at 2b, Nix at 3b, and Beckham at SS.

Maybe, but I don't see how a "natural 2B" is going to do better at 3B than SS.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
big run left out there - should he have scored on that ground out to Jeter?

No. Infield was in. Beckham hit it hard, but right at him.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
Nix is a natural second basemen. If anything happens to Alexei in the long-term, he should move to 3b.

Was this not clear enough, WcSox? I start with the name Nix, he's the subject of a thought, further the post by mentioning something happening to Alexei, and then finished the thought referring to the subject of the 1st sentence moving to third. I acknowledge your confusion, but do not enjoy your tone.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
Was this not clear enough, WC? I start with the name Nix, he's the subject of a thought, further the post by mentioning something happening to Alexei, and then finished the thought referring to the subject of the 1st sentence moving to third. I acknowledge your confusion, but do not enjoy your tone.

Speaking of tone, I didn't appreciate the unnecessary and condescending "Read it again" comment.

The logic of moving a "natural second baseman" from SS to 3B is also questionable.

Edited by WCSox