Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
By the way, I'm not hating on Danks. He's a ridiculously good #4 and he's learning how to pitch still. He's a really good one too with an upside of a #2 as well. I give Floyd a little bit of a notch and right now I think Floyd is better but he's also older. I f***ing love the fact that we have both of them on the southside!!!

Combine that with Buehrle/Peavy and what I expect will be Hudson next season (maybe a veteran stop-gap until Hudson takes over) and we are talking about a team that if the rotation is healthy, should contend every single season.

Danks isn't a #4 on most teams right now. He's a #3 on the Yankees, #3 on the Red Sox, #2 / #3 on the Angels this year. He's at worst #3 for the Sox (I think he's pretty equal with Floyd overall but Floyd has been hotter the last few months) and will only go down to #4 because the Sox will have two legitimate #1s for the first time since who knows when (Peters / Horlen?).

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Danks isn't a #4 on most teams right now. He's a #3 on the Yankees, #3 on the Red Sox, #2 / #3 on the Angels this year. He's at worst #3 for the Sox (I think he's pretty equal with Floyd overall but Floyd has been hotter the last few months) and will only go down to #4 because the Sox will have two legitimate #1s for the first time since who knows when (Peters / Horlen?).

It's pretty exciting that the Sox have a rotation consisting of: a Cy Young Award winner, a guy who is a #2 at worst on any team, and two guys who are #2s on many teams and #3s at worst on the best teams. That may not quite reach mid-90's Braves dominance, but it's pretty freaking impressive.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Danks being a baby in the dugout

I'm happy that Danks is pissed about his lack of command over the past two innings. I'd rather see that than a guy who says "Oh well" and falls back on his first four innings and the lead that his offense gave him.