Sox versus Yankees August 1, 2009 game thread

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
The Twins own us in the dome. It is because we don't play the style of baseball condusive to success on that sort of surface. The Sox have played very well thus far against the better teams in baseball and it is why I believe the SOx will win the world series if they make the playoffs (that and our rotation).

I think its because the White Sox have already figured they are going to lose before the game starts.

Yeah I realize the dome stuff. But it is amazing how the Spankees routinely drub the Twins, even in the dome.

I hope we keep this up. A four game sweep would be monumental and unexplainable to the baseball world considering the Yankees came to town on top of the world.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:19 PM)
Surprised nobody on TV or radio has mentioned the exact same thing happened in LA in the ALCS circa 05

If Buck was broadcasting, he would have. Then went on to talk about how lucky the Sox were...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
I think its because the White Sox have already figured they are going to lose before the game starts.

I think that magnifies things and it is why they play even worse there. In general they will struggle in domes (and it is why I hope Tampa doesn't make it) but as a whole they play even worse in the Twinkie dome because of the mental aspect.