Sox versus Yankees August 2, 2009 game thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys don't b**** about that call... Paulie could've and should've fouled that off. If it was a ball, it wasn't more than an inch off the plate. You don't leave your chances up to the umpire like that. It's one of those calls where we b**** if it's called a strike but Yankees fans b**** if it's called a ball. It wasn't one of those obviously blown calls that are 6 inches off the plate.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
getz needs to back off the plate a bit it's looking like a bad AB for him

If he backs up then hes just playing into Marianos strategy. That happens you definitely throw away from the batter and hope to catch the corner like Rivera did.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
the ump is a piece of crap,that was not a strike...

Well then,we need to work on Beckham's taste in music or lack of...

He can ask PK for suggestions...he has the most awesome theme song.

Great hit CQ,how huge was the stranded three bagger?

Beckham should never, EVER change his intro song. Period.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
Guys don't b**** about that call... Paulie could've and should've fouled that off. If it was a ball, it wasn't more than an inch off the plate. You don't leave your chances up to the umpire like that. It's one of those calls where we b**** if it's called a strike but Yankees fans b**** if it's called a ball. It wasn't one of those obviously blown calls that are 6 inches off the plate.

Thank you.

I'm a lot more mad he didn't swing at that than the call, which is a strike with 95% of MLB umpires

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
Wasn't there talk of the Yanks getting rid of Melki Cabrerra earlier in the season? I think I remember someone here saying that he would just be another Brian Anderson - all defense and no stick at the plate.

People who said that knew nothing about baseball. The Yankee$ would have been retarded to give him up on the cheap as many people suggested he could have been had for.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
Wasn't there talk of the Yanks getting rid of Melki Cabrerra earlier in the season? I think I remember someone here saying that he would just be another Brian Anderson - all defense and no stick at the plate.

Cabrera was almost traded for Mike Cameron at the start of the year. Huge K, by Brinkey!