New JPNese, taking suggestions for next week...

JPN366

For your next addition I'd like you to tell us why you have Christian Marrero as a future top-10 prospect for us. Not that I'm disagreeing with you as you see the kid and I don't, but I'm wondering because he hasn't really been on my radar as a starting position player prospect. His numbers show that he's got pop and makes enough contact, but he's only walked 29 times this year after walking almost twice as often the year before. He's 18-for-29 in career SB so it appears he's not Konerko slow. Does he have Dye-like speed or something? Tell us (or just me) everything you know about this kid because there's not a ton out there. I believe I've read about his strong arm. How's his defense? What kind of baserunner is he? Also his splits this season suggest he doesn't fair too well against lefties. He's hitting .275 off them with a .490 SLG, but he has an astounding 16 K in 51 AB with the Barons. Against RHP he has just 32 K in 174 AB.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
For your next addition I'd like you to tell us why you have Christian Marrero as a future top-10 prospect for us. Not that I'm disagreeing with you as you see the kid and I don't, but I'm wondering because he hasn't really been on my radar as a starting position player prospect. His numbers show that he's got pop and makes enough contact, but he's only walked 29 times this year after walking almost twice as often the year before. He's 18-for-29 in career SB so it appears he's not Konerko slow. Does he have Dye-like speed or something? Tell us (or just me) everything you know about this kid because there's not a ton out there. I believe I've read about his strong arm. How's his defense? What kind of baserunner is he? Also his splits this season suggest he doesn't fair too well against lefties. He's hitting .275 off them with a .490 SLG, but he has an astounding 16 K in 51 AB with the Barons. Against RHP he has just 32 K in 174 AB.

Sounds like a plan.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
How about an end of season wrap up for all the prospects that we traded this year?

We're going to start rolling out some postseason features on FutureSox starting with our postseason top 25 rankings (currently in the works).