• Alexei Ramirez
    • Chris Getz
    • Other

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel better about Beckham in the 2-hole. He has shown that he can bat there well, and has shown great plate discipline. Moving Alexei down adds a threat to the bottom of the order and takes a little pressure off him. Maybe he will thrive a little better there.

Alexei has improved since the beginning of the year, but I think the changes he made in the realm of taking more pitches..... the results of that were evident before the move to #2

So some of the things he's been working on have been unrelated to that move, and I think he'd be fine going back down lower in the lineup.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
What is your lineup the rest of the way?

To me its simple, you give Bacon as many at bats as you can. Hit him 2nd!

Pods CF

Beckham 3B

Dye RF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Quentin LF

Ramirez SS

Getz 2B

This is a potent lineup. If Q can come around and be more consistent and get some power back...wow. Having the speedy Getz at the bottom does a lot, too. Look at the speed in the 8,9,1, and 2 spots.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
At this point...long-term I still like Alexei as a 2 hole hitter and Beckham as a 3 hitter, but yeah, Becks belongs in the 2 slot right now.

I want to keep Beckham in the 2 slot indefinitely. They'll mess with his swing and make him pull happy like every other great hitter we've seen on this team in the last 15 years if he becomes the #3 hitter. See Carlos Lee, Maggs, Thomas, Konerko, Dye, Thome...

I'd probalby keep Beckham second, but it wouldn't bother me either way. Beckham has been hitting in both areas of the lineup and Lexi has been sizzling since his slow start as well.

One thing is for sure: This will be another hot topic source of b****ing on here and everywhere if Beckham is moved down. With Wise not getting blasted as much of late, this will be the topic that brings out the anger again if Beckham is moved.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
I want to keep Beckham in the 2 slot indefinitely. They'll mess with his swing and make him pull happy like every other great hitter we've seen on this team in the last 15 years if he becomes the #3 hitter. See Carlos Lee, Maggs, Thomas, Konerko, Dye, Thome...

Thome's not pull happy

I want that clump of OBP guys up high in the lineup.

The success that Alexei has had this year, I would argue, is not specifically his having done two-hitter-ish things. Even though he's been great in the 2-hole, i dont know if that spot in the lineup shows any causality for that success

He's taking more pitches. Back when he was lower in the lineup this year, he was doing that same thing. The difference in avg to obp has been pretty good for his standards (and by that i mean all year, not just as the 2).

I think we all pictured him getting more fastballs hitting in front of the 3-4-5. Despite that, his average is lower than last year and his OBP is higher. I think it can be sustained down lower in the lineup.

And even if some of this is wrong.....I hate to say it, but the thought of getting more Gordon at-bats per game is worth letting Alexei's stats suffer lower in the lineup.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
That's because he's having trouble catching up to most fastballs.

Thome has historically hit a ton of balls to LF. Charlie Manuel actually kept him in the minors a little longer than he wanted to back in the early 90's, because Thome hadn't learned to pull the ball consistently.