GreatScott82

Upon Alexei's return. . .   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who should bat 2nd the rest of the way

• Gordon Beckham
    • Alexei Ramirez
    • Chris Getz
    • Other

It boggles my mind that a large percentage of high school graduates in this country cannot spell the word "tomorrow" properly. The day before you are set to get your diploma they should make you spell, tomorrow, weird, and friend correctly. Then demonstrate proper usage of your, you're, too, to, and two. Twenty years from now I'm going to have some recent college grad, surely named Aiden, Aden, Aydyn, Aaden, Brayden, or Jayden send me an E-mail that says, "Sir, ur 2pm meetting 4 tommorrow has been canceled".

And I'm going to throw a desk at him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCredeYes @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
It boggles my mind that a large percentage of high school graduates in this country cannot spell the word "tomorrow" properly. The day before you are set to get your diploma they should make you spell, tomorrow, weird, and friend correctly. Then demonstrate proper usage of your, you're, too, to, and two. Twenty years from now I'm going to have some recent college grad, surely named Aiden, Aden, Aydyn, Aaden, Brayden, or Jayden send me an E-mail that says, "Sir, ur 2pm meetting 4 tommorrow has been canceled".

:lol:

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
What is your lineup the rest of the way?

To me its simple, you give Bacon as many at bats as you can. Hit him 2nd!

Pods CF

Beckham 3B

Dye RF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Quentin LF

Ramirez SS

Getz 2B

I'm very happy going with that lineup from here on out - The only change that I would consider is possibly moving TCQ up if he starts to hit "God Style" again.

QUOTE (JoeCredeYes @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)

Witch desk r u going two throw?

I completely agree with you. Spelling has become a lost art apparently.

In runs created per game, Alexei is bringing up the rear among the Sox starters. Not only is Getz by him, but so is Jayson Nix. And Ramirez hasn't been that hot of late. So I wouldn't hesitate to drop Ramirez down into the 8 or 9 hole against righties. Though, against lefties he still rakes, so I would move him up to 6th or 7th.

Against righties

Pods

Beckham

Dye

Thome

Konerko

AJ

Quentin

Getz

Ramirez

Against lefties

Pods (hitting them equally well)

Beckham (torches them)

Dye (worse against lefties, but still solid

Konerko (creams lefties)

Thome (hitting lefties about the same this year)

Ramirez (torches lefties)

Quentin (horrible against lefties so far this year, but hit them well last season)

AJ (pretty bad against lefties, but Castro no better)

Getz/Nix (Getz hits lefties better, and better than Nix, but not so well that you couldn't switch here)

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
I would rather play Nix than Ramirez. Ramirez is just not that good to me. Nix at the bottom of the order has some pop, takes pitches, and can hit and run.

Ramirez pulls everything.

CANNOT HIT RIGHTIES

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
I would rather play Nix than Ramirez. Ramirez is just not that good to me. Nix at the bottom of the order has some pop, takes pitches, and can hit and run.

I agree, Ramirez makes stupid errors and isn't a good hitter. Jayson is pretty good in the field, and isn't afraid to take pitches, like against the Great Mariano on sunday

Man, why do some guys become favorites and other not? Are you serious?

Alexei is electric and a good hitter; Nix a sub. As far as his sloppiness at ss, didn't we all know this would happen this year? The Sox decided to move him from second where he was damn good.

I can't believe Lexi is about to become a Wise-like figure in many fans eyes if Oz bats him second.

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
I'll take Alexei any day over Nix as my starting SS.

No kidding. Nix has 4 errors in 9 starts at SS this year, which makes Alexei look like Ozzie Smith in comparison.

Nix has great versatility as a utility player, but let's not get carried away.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)

Yeah I don't know in what world Nix is the better player but ok.

I'm pretty sure Alexei has some pop and can run as well.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
I agree, Ramirez makes stupid errors and isn't a good hitter. Jayson is pretty good in the field, and isn't afraid to take pitches, like against the Great Mariano on sunday

Wow...? I'm a Nix fan, but he's not an everyday player, and he's looked shaky at SS. He's a good utility guy to have but come on now.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)

Nix looks awful at the plate. Nix has pretty awful plate disciple. He really looks like a young hitter, he pulls everything hittable foul, occasionally connection for a HR down the line. He swings at a lot of pitchers set up pitches (in the dirt, low and away, etc) and strikes out. At least in Alexi's free swinging-ness he has shown he can actually turn those pitchers pitches well out of the zone into hits occasionally.