• Alexei Ramirez
    • Chris Getz
    • Other

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
I would rather play Nix than Ramirez. Ramirez is just not that good to me. Nix at the bottom of the order has some pop, takes pitches, and can hit and run.

Ramirez pulls everything.

I actually agree with Jimbo. Sure Nix has made 4 errors at a position he hasn't played until this year right? Nix will be better than Ramirez defensively. When Ramirez refuses to get in front of a AJ throw, it doesn't count as an error for him, but it is not good defense. When he doesn't turn a double play because he is avoiding runner contact that doesn't count as an error either. You can show me whatever number's you want, Nix is going to be a better SS. Beckham would be too.

Nix hitting may be a problem against righties. But what has THE TEAM done without Ramirez this week. They look better. I'm sorry, but I think the Sox would be better trading Ramirez while his value is high or have him prance around CF next year. Ramirez does not seem like a focused or smart baseball player who slumps badly. I don't like his body language and I doubt he will be a leader you hope your SS to be. He is Soriano light. Believe me, I hope I am wrong and I'll root for the guy every time he puts on a Sox uniform. I'm just calling it how I see it. Trade him before he gets in Ozzie's doghouse and his value drops.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
I actually agree with Jimbo. Sure Nix has made 4 errors at a position he hasn't played until this year right? Nix will be better than Ramirez defensively.

Maybe, but he hasn't shown it yet. He also has yet to show that he can hit at the major league level.

No doubt that Alexei is having a disappointing season and I'm not opposed to listening to offers for him, but we're going to have to do a lot better than Jayson Nix at SS.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
I actually agree with Jimbo. Sure Nix has made 4 errors at a position he hasn't played until this year right? Nix will be better than Ramirez defensively. When Ramirez refuses to get in front of a AJ throw, it doesn't count as an error for him, but it is not good defense. When he doesn't turn a double play because he is avoiding runner contact that doesn't count as an error either. You can show me whatever number's you want, Nix is going to be a better SS. Beckham would be too.

Nix hitting may be a problem against righties. But what has THE TEAM done without Ramirez this week. They look better. I'm sorry, but I think the Sox would be better trading Ramirez while his value is high or have him prance around CF next year. Ramirez does not seem like a focused or smart baseball player who slumps badly. I don't like his body language and I doubt he will be a leader you hope your SS to be. He is Soriano light. Believe me, I hope I am wrong and I'll root for the guy every time he puts on a Sox uniform. I'm just calling it how I see it. Trade him before he gets in Ozzie's doghouse and his value drops.

Ramirez is a far superior defensive player at SS than Nix. The balls Nix has fumbled there have been easy outs. And it doesn't look like he could throw anyone out if he even gets to the ball in the hole. Ramirez has better range, and a far superior arm when he needs to use it.

I would agree that Ramirez still seems to lack some mental focus at times, especially at the plate. But his upside is very strong, and much higher than guys like Nix or Getz. I expect him to do some damage at the bottom of the lineup when he's back.

Nix? He's shown he deserves some more playing time. But it should be at the expense of Getz more than Ramirez. I think he's less of a defensive liability at 2B too. I'm just glad he's held his own during this critical stretch against the Yankees and Angels.