Tailgating near the Ampitheater in Tinley Park?

LZPride08

So me and a group of friends are going to Bank One Ampitheater in Tinley Park this Friday to see Brad Paisley but found out that they don't allow tailgating there... so does anyone know if theres anywhere near the venue where we could tailgate?

Edited by LZPride08

i would just pregame at a bar or restaurant in the area. they are truly obnoxious. multiple groups of security were constantly around cars threatening with arrest and tickets at the def leppard concert. it was just people standing around drinking beer. make sure you bring extra cash 11 frickin beers for a beer

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
If that's true, that's a new rule. I've seen Buffet twice there and both times tailgated.

I believe Buffet negotiated with the place and said there will be tailgating or I wont play there. Actually I'm positive thats what happened.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
I believe Buffet negotiated with the place and said there will be tailgating or I wont play there. Actually I'm positive thats what happened.

You're correct, but even with the concessions Buffet's people didn't like Tinley Park's facilities or its location. That's the main reason he decided to move his act to Bridgeview.

And for the record, Buffet's a great guy, but the people working for him are some of the biggest assholes you'd ever encounter. I work for Toyota Park, where two of his concerts were held last season (as will two this year), and his security detail actually forced several of our companies employees home because of trivial "mistakes." Apparently, they -- and every other musician -- own the park and have the power to enforce such actions. One of his main security guards told our employees stationed outside Buffet's dressing room that they weren't allowed to make eye contact with must keep their eyes fixated in the floor when Jimmy leaves to perform. When Buffet shook one person's hand he was sent home for making eye contact. It's ridiculous how they run it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
You're correct, but even with the concessions Buffet's people didn't like Tinley Park's facilities or its location. That's the main reason he decided to move his act to Bridgeview.

And for the record, Buffet's a great guy, but the people working for him are some of the biggest assholes you'd ever encounter. I work for Toyota Park, where two of his concerts were held last season (as will two this year), and his security detail actually forced several of our companies employees home because of trivial "mistakes." Apparently, they -- and every other musician -- own the park and have the power to enforce such actions. One of his main security guards told our employees stationed outside Buffet's dressing room that they weren't allowed to make eye contact with must keep their eyes fixated in the floor when Jimmy leaves to perform. When Buffet shook one person's hand he was sent home for making eye contact. It's ridiculous how they run it.

Wow, that's utterly ridiculous. How can people treat other people like that. If someone told me not to make eye contact with someone, I'd throw a big "FU." to their face. Does Buffett even know his security detail are doing this???

There are a few fun bars in downtown Tinley where you can pregame, and then there is a pretty fun bar called Intimo at 183rd and Harlem that is fun for after the concerts. Usually a decent number of slutes there and a fun place. The owner is a really cool guy.