AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
Awesome win.

Pods again.

Pods naysayers DIAF.

I looked that up on urban dictionary. Die in a fire? Is that seriously what you were going for there?

And in regards to this game, I still can't believe Pods is doing this. It's great to see, and he's been very clutch. Beckham is just unbelievable. Great jobs by Carrasco and Thornton, and good jobs by the rest of the bullpen.

The rest of the team didn't perform very well, and I am starting to get more and more sure that Contreras will not be on this team next year...and that is fine by me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
Pods ... what a season. Who'd a thunk it when we acquired him and so many of us were pissed.

Great great walkoff win.

Jose ... is he gonna see the mound again? What was that??

I don't know what the heck he was doing to answer your question, but with the Peavy trade, we're stuck with Jose out there until at least when Jake gets back, so we're just going to have to hope he tosses a few good games like he did during that hot stretch he had. The bullpen (D.J. in particular) was absolutely sensational tonight though, they are the biggest reason we won this game. Beckham was himself as well, and what a huge hit again by Pods (wasn't that his 3rd walkoff hit this season? Amazing.) The Angels are just on fire right now similar to the Yankees as they headed into town for the previous series, if we can win this series it would be fantastic.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Floyd should be absolutely deadly against this free-swinging Angels team.

As it usually is with Gavin, it will probably come down to if he gets the curveball over, and I see little in between possibility tomorrow. If Gavin is good, he'll probably be great, and if he's not good, he'll probably get demolished. Let's hope it's the former.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
Pods ... what a season. Who'd a thunk it when we acquired him and so many of us were pissed.

Great great walkoff win.

Jose ... is he gonna see the mound again? What was that??

I am proud to say I was not one of those. I know a few more around here who liked the move as well.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
I don’t know if I can say enough about the job that DJ Carrasco did tonight. He kept us in the game against one of the best offensive teams in the majors. That was incredibly impressive. Naturally, Beckham and Quentin get a lot of credit for their bombs, but frankly, I’m run out of ways to say just how impressed I am with both these players. Finally, another shout out to the luckiest man on earth, Scotty Pods who had a great approach to win the game following a great AB by Jayson Nix.

Contreras looked bad. Worse was he looked like he gave up and just had no passion or will out there.

Maybe time to replace him with Marti

As iffy as DJ pitched Friday, he was on it tonight. Pena & Thornton were solid as well. Hoping that Dotel can be another reliable arm in the late innings. Hope Linebrink is available for mopup duty.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
Pods may be the dumbest man in the majors but he sure can hit!

Soriano scoffs in your general direction.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 11:53 PM)
People weren't so much pissed Pods was on the team so much as they were pissed that we had to pull a desperation move in the first place.

Yep, things were looking really down at that point. The majority of us were pissed that we went into the season with BA, Owens and Wise as our only options, and were supposed to be surprised when all 3 players failed.

Floyd should be absolutely deadly against this free-swinging Angels team.

Thunderbolt, you know you jinxed us. Please say something negative about Floyd to negate the jinx. Thanks! Kidding, but I am superstitious about baseball and now he won't last 2 innings unless you reverse the jinx.

I'll try: Floyd has no chance vs. this Angels lineup, guys who will be pissed after the walkoff loss.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 12:37 AM)
Thunderbolt, you know you jinxed us. Please say something negative about Floyd to negate the jinx. Thanks! Kidding, but I am superstitious about baseball and now he won't last 2 innings unless you reverse the jinx.

I'll try: Floyd has no chance vs. this Angels lineup, guys who will be pissed after the walkoff loss.

Floyd will be left lying in a pool of his own urine and despair when confronted by the Mighty Angels Lineup. Better?