Angels @ Sox, 7:11 PM

lostfan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
?

I've never understood how someone can build a team that can win 100 games during the regular season, but somehow they aren't built to win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7 in a playoff series. Please explain.

Watch the cubs. Built to feast on s*** pitching....s*** pitching is gone by the playoffs...... and good enough pitching ot beat s*** hitting teams.......s*** hitting teams do not really make the playoofs and if they do their pitching and defense is lights out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
?

I've never understood how someone can build a team that can win 100 games during the regular season, but somehow they aren't built to win 3 of 5 or 4 of 7 in a playoff series. Please explain.

I think the Angels benefit from playing in a weak division and padding wins against the Mariners and A's. Kinda like how the Cubs pad wins against the likes of the Pirates.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
I think the Angels benefit from playing in a weak division and padding wins against the Mariners and A's. Kinda like how the Cubs pad wins against the likes of the Pirates.

Oh, like the 2005 White Sox which mowed down AL Central opponents, but were .500 against the rest of the AL.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)
?

Their bullpen is terrible, their staff beyond Lackey isn't great. They just hit the s*** out of the ball against the terrible teams they play, and play decent against the good times.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
Their bullpen is terrible, their staff beyond Lackey isn't great. They just hit the s*** out of the ball against the terrible teams they play, and play decent against the good times.

They are 4-2 against the Yankees and 4-2 against Boston this year. Those 2 are almost locks to be in the postseason. 3-3 vs. Det. 6-4 vs. Minnesota and 1-4 vs. Sox.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
They are 4-2 against the Yankees and 4-2 against Boston this year. Those 2 are almost locks to be in the postseason.

Boston owns them in the post season though.

Let's finish this sweep off tomorrow. I'll be there, so we probably will.