Angels @ Sox, 7:11 PM

lostfan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
Where would you rank the Sox broadcast among major league broadcasts?

I don't get to hear EVERY TV booth. Stone adds so much credibility. I think he makes the Sox top 10, IMO. I hate both NY broadcasts.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
where are the thome haters? honestly sign him to a 1 year deal with a mutual opition for the second, hes going to get 600 in a sox uniform.

I respect Thome line no other but if given a choice of Dye vs Thome DH'ing, I'd simply go with Jermaine.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
As a White Sox fan, although I am sick of the b****ing about umpiring, I appreciate Hawk's homerism and he being totally biased. He's also pretty complimentary to other players when they deserve it.

I am soooo sick of hawks b****in. I use MLB.tv so any series against the twins I listen to Minn feed to avoid the hawk slurpin. Anytime a bad call, switch over as to avoid the "Should be two outs....blah blah blah". I love stone though. Man i would love a stone and rooney combo.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
For a guy with all the homers he has, and as streaky of a hitter he is, particularly homers, Thome has never hit 3 in a game.

Until today. Gordon Beckham will blow in the direction of a Jim Thome fly ball and it will travel over the fence.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
Really? Mike Shannon is like Hawk x10000000000 with the umpires. He's also Cardinals Ron Santo. No thanks.

No way. While Shannon maybe a homer, he is half the homer Hawk is. He played with the Cardinals. He has been with that organization forever. Hawk never played for us.

Shannon is also 100x more entertaining than Hawk, IMO.

For everyone saying if the White Sox made the playoffs, they would have no shot of winning anything, they took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and if they win tonight 4 of 5 from the Angels. I think they would have a chance, especially if Peavy can come back at full strength.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
Did you see the way Beckham set that home run up with the double? I mean, he could have hit the home run himself, but he is a good teammate and wanted Thome to feel better about himself. That's how good Beckham is.

:notworthy :headbang

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
For everyone saying if the White Sox made the playoffs, they would have no shot of winning anything, they took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and if they win tonight 4 of 5 from the Angels. I think they would have a chance, especially if Peavy can come back at full strength.

Peavy being in the rotation really does change the game some.