Angels @ Sox, 7:11 PM

lostfan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
Really? Mike Shannon is like Hawk x10000000000 with the umpires. He's also Cardinals Ron Santo. No thanks.

He's not as much of a homer as Hawk, but he is pretty obnoxious. Rooney is best in class, however. Farmer really dragged him down - I think Rooney would be good doing games all on his own.

On a related note, DJ makes Farmer a lot better. Challenges him much more than Singleton and the broadcast is much more lively. I like DJ away from Hawk.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
For everyone saying if the White Sox made the playoffs, they would have no shot of winning anything, they took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and if they win tonight 4 of 5 from the Angels. I think they would have a chance, especially if Peavy can come back at full strength.

i like our chances

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
For everyone saying if the White Sox made the playoffs, they would have no shot of winning anything, they took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and if they win tonight 4 of 5 from the Angels. I think they would have a chance, especially if Peavy can come back at full strength.

My thinking exaclty, I was very nervous about this stretch in our schedule and we are far exceeding expectations especially with both teams coming in hot. While those teams are very good we don't need to fear them. We were 1-2 clutch hits away from taking down Tampa last year also.

As far as the homer announcers go, no one is worse than the Rays announcers, I just moved down to Naples, FL and went out to watch the Rays/Sox game (a few weeks ago the one where Upton misplayed a liner over his head and cost them the game) the guys were harping about a very borderline "ball" called the batter before the error and saying the umps stole the game. How about your CF who made a terrible error and if he makes that play the borderline call doesn't cost you a run. Was like Bartman getting blamed for A Gonzolez's botched double play.

I like hawk for what he is, if you don't like his style so be it but as a Sox fan I like him and he has great baseball sayings, other guys are too "even" and "bland".

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
trade him. failed 2/3 times.

Only because he's setting the Angels up for the playoffs. They only think they got him out on certain pitches. He will turn and burn those pitches in the playoffs. He's laying a trap for them. That's how good he is. He'll be so good in the playoffs, they'll give him the Conn Smythe Trophy.