Hudson, Gartrell promoted to Charlotte...

JPN366

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
I would say that this means there is a very very very very good sign that we might even see him in the MLB this year.

Completely agree. There’s also now an even better chance that he gets serious consideration for the #5 spot in our rotation coming into next spring.

Got the word at the ballpark. Also found out that Brian Omogrosso has a torn labrum and is out for the season.

While I am estatic about the promo's kinda has been a dismantling of a very successful year for BHam JPN. They have struggled a bit lately as the core they had before is pretty much gone but hey that is what the farm is for. Only Danks and Viciedo left to progress upward now in this current crop.

Congrats to both Hudson and Gartrell. Both are well deserved. :) A mod should change the title.

Just think fellas. If this keeps developing the rotation would be in 2010:

1. Peavy - RHP (Ace & Cy Young)

2. Buerhle - LHP (Ace and No hitter/Perfect game/WS)

3. Floyd - RHP (Semi Ace material)

4. Danks - LHP (Semi Ace material)

5. Hudson - RHP (Semi Ace material with a ton of upside)

This rotation is stacked at least until 2011 (Who knows if we can convince Buerhle to extend and buy out the remaining arb years on Danks).

We could have this rotation literally until 2013. The ACE/Semi ACE classifications are interchangable based on what each forum member thinks.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Edited by chisoxfan09

Hudson is the truth. I really can't remember a player making such a high jump (low-A to AAA) in one season, and he's gotten better at every level. His July numbers were just filthy.

Edited by dasox24

My thoughts on Huddy being promoted are pretty much in line with everyone else’s. Hudson has an incredible upside; I have his trajectory as a solid #2-#3 starter, which could make his potential presence as our #5th starter next year all the more exciting. Gartrell too was really deserving of a promotion. That being said it’s a bit sad to see David Cook has officially stalled in the organization. It was natural to assume he wouldn’t be going anywhere given his age, but I believe his lack of promotion is the beginning of the end to his professional career in the White Sox organization.