Angels @ Sox, 1:05 pm CST

lostfan

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
Last I checked their bullpen isn't anything to get excited about. We still have 3 more innings at the plate.

Their pen has been terrible actually. Although 4 runs is still a lot of work to do.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
To let a pitcher like Ervin practically have a quality start against is embarrassing

Its a perfect storm of stupidity. We have a pitcher who cannot throw strikes going against us, so what do we do. Hack away. Now that we are down by a few runs, patience = none.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
To let a pitcher like Ervin practically have a quality start against you is embarrassing

Its frustrating to see us let him get off the hook early and then we had terrible approaches from there.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Danks needed a better effort than that.

Dotel needs to step up

Just got back and able to check in on the game. Chsiox.com says that "Danks battled into the 7th", and I am wondering how much of a battle is giving up 7 run and three homers? There is no doubt that Danks needs to figure out what's been going wrong and sharpen his performance. Plus I am tired of automatic outs in our line up and they continue to play just to give someone a rest. If we really needed to strtengthen this team let's start with a couple of the reserve roles.

Stop tiptoeing around it Hawk. We're not good enough to sweep team after team. Our defense is horrid. We have to play above our heads defensively to beat good teams. The other categories we are good enough in, but bad defense will come up and bite you one out of every 3 or 4 days.

The rest of the days we have the occasional power outage like any other team, so that's about a .500 ballclub.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
If this exact game happened yesterday, and the Sox won 6-2 today, everyone is happy. A little perspective.

That's a good outlook...one Ozzie already made a couple of innings ago.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
If this exact game happened yesterday, and the Sox won 6-2 today, everyone is happy. A little perspective.

Uh, no. No one is happy when ended up packing it in against Ervin Sanatana. It's a bad loss no matter the spin attempt.

Yeah. I'm as upset as the next guy at this loss, but 5-2 homestand vs. the two hottest teams in the AL (at the time) is great. There can be no letdowns when Cleveland gets here. Fortunately the free-out in the 9-hole line up won't be there. We need to get 2 out of 3 from them too, but so far it's been a great homestand.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)

I agree 100%............but this is the 7th series where we have had the opportunity to sweep a team going into the last game of the series and have failed. Having swept only 2 series this year and seeing missed opportunities is just gutwrenching.

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
I agree 100%............but this is the 7th series where we have had the opportunity to sweep a team going into the last game of the series and have failed. Having swept only 2 series this year and seeing missed opportunities is just gutwrenching.

Yep. It goes without saying that this division is likely to go down to the wire. Right now we're looking to be 2 back with a ten game road trip to NYY/Boston/Minny looming large at the end of the month. Luckily for us, Detroit's schedule is not much easier. That said, if we do lose in the end, you can look back at the losses against the likes of Ervin Santana and see why. We can't afford to have throw away games now; we aren't that good of a team.

Assuming a loss today, since the beginning of 2006, the White Sox have a 307-290 record (.514 WPCT)

Over the same time frame, in 3 (and 4) games series in which they've won the first 2 (or 3) games, their record going for the sweep is 22-33 (.400 WPCT)

Might want to consider changing the f***ing strategy, Ozzie.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
Assuming a loss today, since the beginning of 2006, the White Sox have a 307-290 record (.514 WPCT)

Over the same time frame, in 3 (and 4) games series in which they've won the first 2 (or 3) games, their record going for the sweep is 22-33 (.400 WPCT)

Might want to consider changing the f***ing strategy, Ozzie.

That's pathetic.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
where did Nix get this reputation of being a very good fielder? i have seen him make a tons of errors.

You must not have seen his play at 2B earlier this season.

I don't think SS is really Nix's primary position. He's a kickass second baseman though.