But will the funeral be in Shermer...?

CanOfCorn

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
I live a minute from Shermer Road. It's really cool to see my high school and others in the area in his movies. Breakfast Club is a classic. RIP

Yeah, I actually went to New Trier, in the late 80's. Felt like Hughes was somehow, oddly, intruding in our lives. Still though, RIP.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
I wonder if Wirtz wouldn't allow Hughes to use the logo or something.

If it is commercial apparel, logo use cannot be stopped. The filmmakers can opt not to use a logoed product if they didn't get the product placement $$ they may have been looking for, but if you want an on-film character to wear the commercial apparel of a particular team, you have every right to do that.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
But you let the whole Cubbie love thing slide?

:huh

On the Ferris DVD Hughes is sure to point out, quite vehemently, that he is a diehard White Sox fan and that he hated using the Cubs anf Wrigley. But he wanted a real game, and it called for a day game. The Sox were not going to be in town on the day that he had permission, if I am not mistaken. There are reasons why it was the Cubs and Hughes hated having to show them instead. But Hughes himself was very strong in stating he is a Sox fan.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 08:00 AM)
On the Ferris DVD Hughes is sure to point out, quite vehemently, that he is a diehard White Sox fan and that he hated using the Cubs anf Wrigley. But he wanted a real game, and it called for a day game. The Sox were not going to be in town on the day that he had permission, if I am not mistaken. There are reasons why it was the Cubs and Hughes hated having to show them instead. But Hughes himself was very strong in stating he is a Sox fan.

Sounds like the path to Hell and good intentions and all that. . .

That is an interesting sidenote, and it helps somewhat ease my guilt over enjoying the film. :)

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
I also think the Red Wings jersey on Cameron actually fits perfectly with the character. It never occured to be before, but it helps show how "lost" he is, how misguided he really is.

Or that he just liked Gordie Howe, one of the true greats to ever lace 'em up.