8/6 Games

Ozzie Ball

Charlotte @ Indianapolis

Harrell starting, Gartrell making his debut.

Birmingham vs. Tennessee

Winston-Salem vs. Frederick

Kannapolis @ West Virginia

Griffith starting.

Bristol vs. Kingsport

Sweaty G on the bump, Trayce Thompson in the lineup.

Great Falls vs. Missoula

Garrett Johnson the probable.

Edited by Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
Junior Williams hit a 3 run double and scored. Kannapolis up 4-0.

Williams seems to hit a lot of doubles. It's interesting just to watch the box scores. He doesn't hit for solid average, usually always DH's, and seems to go 1-4 with a double every night. Also, on more relevant topics: Tyler Flowers is having another good night, as his average continues to climb in AAA.

David Holmberg struck people out in bunches tonight for Bristol. David Holmberg’s Strikeouts! Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come. Regardless, his stuff really seems to be coming around. He’s pitching well.

Bristol

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Garcia, F

6.0 5 3 2 0 5 0 1.64

Holmberg, D

2.0 0 0 0 1 4 0 4.30

DeFoor (L, 0-2)

1.0 3 1 1 1 1 1 2.86

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 06:28 PM)
Shouldn't Freddy be working his way UP?

If he gives up 3 runs playing rookie ball, he's done. Stick a fork in him. Considering the mess the Mets have, there's no way they would release him if he had anything left.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
Ryne Sandberg is a tough manager. One hit and one run, instant hook for the starter.

It’s pretty interesting how a guy who seemed like an absolute pushover of a human being as a player, became something of a hard-ass of a manager. I think divorcing his cheating hoe bag of a wife, really changed.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
It’s pretty interesting how a guy who seemed like an absolute pushover of a human being as a player, became something of a hard-ass of a manager. I think divorcing his cheating hoe bag of a wife, really changed.

Well, to be fair, I think the starter for the Smokies was in the process of being converted from reliever to starter.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 11:59 PM)
Well, to be fair, I think the starter for the Smokies was in the process of being converted from reliever to starter.

Nah, he has a history of doing this in the Minors. I believe he’s been thrown out of a rather large numbers of games as well.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 12:03 AM)
You heard it here first, Ryne Sandberg will be the next manager of the Cubs.

I absolutely agree with you. I have little doubt that as soon as Lou Pinella retires, Sandberg’s going to be with the big league club. Don’t be surprised to see Sandberg managing in AAA next year. They're moving him through the system like a top prospect.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
Thompson, 1-3 with an RBI and a BB

I'll take it

And an outfield assist, throwing a runner out at 2nd

If he keeps up this pace, he'll have a 333 avg, no strikeouts, about 30BB's and 30 OF assists by the end of the year!

Edited by bighurt4life